Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Anyone Know about Pesach Program in Key Largo?

sweetpotato

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 9:15 am
My MIL is trying to find out if anyone has gone on this new Pesach program in Key Largo, FL. It looks like last year was the first year they ran it, or it may actually be new for 2017.

http://www.totallyjewishtravel.....orida

She's in touch with the operator but just in case anyone else has looked into it or gone on the program and has experiences to share, I wanted to ask here.

busy mommy

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 11:10 am
This place is amazing!!!
This year is its first year... but the resort (which is pretty new) is really really unbelievable. I personally know that guy who is running this program and he has done many many other programs. He is very experienced. Hope this helps.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 11:56 am
I don't see any pricing info, which bothers me personally.

sweetpotato

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 12:16 pm
Thanks, busymommy, that is helpful to know! I thought for some reason it had run last year, but that makes more sense now that I can't find that much info about it, if it's in it's first year. I'll pass this on to my MIL.

My in-laws love the Keys and were really excited to see a Pesach option there. My only concern is that they are pretty picky and I'm worried about a brand-new program having worked out all the inevitable kinks with staffing and food and all that. They went to the program at the Waldorf-Astoria in Orlando last year which was great.

ewzahl

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 2:49 pm
I looked at this program's website too. I found the website to be lacking specific substance regarding meals, the chef/caterer, entertainment, shul/learning/scholars in residence, tea rooms, children's programming. When comparing the website to other programs, I noticed a big difference between the website substance. True, a lackluster website may NOT necessarily mean the program is subpar at all.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 3:23 pm
Also, the hotel itself is new which can mean staff issues, issues with no experience in handling a pessach program and the specific needs relating to that ( just 1 ex would be non electronic keys).
Fyi, I've never been to a pessach program, so I can't comment on how this one compares to any other.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics