Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Chanuka gifts

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 10:11 am
I need gift ideas for my daughters teachers & therapists. Also for the bus drivers.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 11:35 am
Bus drivers-$10-$20 tip with nice written card. Teachers and therapists would probably appreciate a gift card more than an actual gift - you don't know what they like.
There was an article in Ami this week about a new Jewish gift card called Jift which the recipient can use at a whole list of Jewish gifty /judaica type stores in Brooklyn, Lakewood, monsey and perhaps more places, I can't remember. Sounds like a great idea to me if you live in those areas.

lapmom

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 12:07 pm
I was thinking of getting my daughters teachers a book or cd that can be exchanged if needed. Its like $20

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 1:05 pm
Personally, as a teacher in the past, I preferred receiving gift cards to stores which suit everyone, such as target or amazon. That way, I can choose what I want, not just have some random item that I don't know what to do with.
I also once received a $20 gift card to Nordstrom, which was very inconvenient for me because everything there is super expensive, so even with the $20, I would spend more than I would spend elsewhere.

pizza4

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 4:30 pm
Anyone else have ideas for gifts? For teachers, bus drivers, babysitters etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics