Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
SHALVA baby girl name

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 6:55 am
I was wondering if anyone has some nice middle name suggestions to go with the name Shalva as well as cute nicknames. Very Happy

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 7:18 am
I have met a Shalvi.
Know that Shalva in Israel is the name for a puffed wheat cereal. It's a beautiful name though.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 7:24 am
Yeah I am aware of the cereal, however the meaning trumps how I feel about being compared to the cereal or even organization in Israel called Shalva.

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 8:28 am
I know a Shali - it's for Shalhevet, but it would work for Shalva too. As for middle names, Shalva Miriam and Shalva Leah come to mind, but that's just for "sound" - not because they mean anything in particular.

bsy

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:33 am
I have a relative named Shalva. I think it's a beautiful and not too typical name. She has no other names and is called Shalva.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 10:55 am
Iymnok wrote:
I have met a Shalvi.
Know that Shalva in Israel is the name for a puffed wheat cereal. It's a beautiful name though.

We have a cousin who named her daughter Shalvi (wonder if its the same one you know). When this person's Israeli cousin heard the name she commented that it's like name your kid Rice Krispies.

I also have a granddaughter named Shalva and called that.

FYI, Rebetzin Olshin (Lakewood)'s name is Shalva.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 11:09 am
When I was a younger girl, in camp, I met a Shalva, called Shalvi and I swore (not literally) that I would name my daughter that.
Fast forward, when I had my daughters I remembered, but chickened out of using that somewhat unique name.
I still think it is beautiful.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 12:24 pm
Beautiful name all on its own. And yep I know a little girl with the exact name.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names