Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does coffee make you seriously happy?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 8:46 pm
I'm not a coffee drinker but in the last 2 years, I've been trying it out. I dont seem to get addicted to it because I don't t ever feel like I need/ want one. even If I have one for a few days. I just cant get 'into it'
Besides for the fact that it makes me buzz and shake and talk nonstop, it also makes me really really happy.
Not happy in that it's delicious or comforting or wakes me up, but seriously happy. I feel on top of the world! Everything is awesome! My future looks great! Anything is possible! It's a very intense feeling.
Im curious to see if I'm having a normal coffee experience or a somewhat unusual one.
My whole life I've heard coffee is wonderful. It tastes great. People can't get through the day without it. It makes them feel awake in a way they otherwise wouldn't be able to be. But I never heard of coffee making people joyous!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 8:50 pm
I really enjoy the taste of coffee. I enjoy wrapping my palms around the warm cup, slowly sipping. It's a comforting feeling. It helps get me out of the fog and fully awake in the morning too.

But it doesn't make me buzz or shake or talk non-stop. Neither does it make me feel joyous or give me an I'm on top of the world feeling.

I think your reaction is unusual Tongue Out

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:02 pm
Could it be the caffeine? I like coffee because I usually feel very tired and when I feel tired I automatically feel hungry. Which is really bad if you are trying to diet. Coffee takes away my tired and hungry so that's why I like it!

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:19 pm
Yes. Sometimes when I'm out grocery shopping at Walmart I'll be filled with a sense of love and connection to every stranger I see, and I'll marvel at the fragility and beauty of life until I'm almost crying - but in a good way - and I'll wonder, why am I feeling this way? And then I'll remember it's because I had a cup of coffee earlier that day.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:21 pm
You're sure your coffee isn't spiked ?
If coffee made people so happy there wouldn't be a need for antidepressants much. I think you are unique. Enjoy it, it's a gift!!!

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:30 pm
I'm replying to the poster above me even though I think she might be talking to OP.

No, not spiked, but I am super sensitive to caffeine. If I have a cup at 3pm I won't be able to go straight to sleep at night.

Lately I've switched to decaf and life is much steadier.

I think it's quite an uncommon reaction although my mom says it makes her high, too (we didn't discuss details). I wouldn't have thought to share it until I saw OP's question and thought I could contribute Smile

Last edited by daagahminayin on Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:33 pm
A really good cup of coffee makes me pretty darn happy but I don't think it's a physical reaction - it's the whole morning ritual, very psychological I think.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:36 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I'm replying to the poster above me even though I think she might be talking to OP.

No, not spiked, but I am super sensitive to caffeine. If I have a cup at 3pm I won't be able to go straight to sleep at night.

Lately I've switched to decaf and life is much steadier.

I think it's quite an uncommon reaction although my mom says it makes her high, too (we didn't discuss details). I wouldn't have thought to share it until I saw OP's question and thought I could contribute Smile

Hmm... now I know why you chose your username. You must've had a coffee that dayπŸ˜‰

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:41 pm
Op here,
I've tried a few antianxiety/depression for anxiety and depression and have had very negative side effects or alergic reactions. Interestingly, coffee seems to to do what I expected the pills to do.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 10:39 pm
Yes, coffee has that effect on me too! I feel great, creative, hopeful, optimistic... and I love and totally relate to your description DaagahMinayin of feeling all teary-eyed at the beauty and fragility of life while grocery shopping when there's caffeine in my system.

Unfortunately I'm also super sensitive to caffeine in the negative sense--I won't sleep well and I'll be exhausted the next day after almost any quantity of caffeine, even early in the day. So I pretty much stick away from it.

Kumphort

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 11:53 pm
There are studies about the calming effect caffeine has on people with ADHD basically it makes them more self aware. I wonder if that is what's happening with you
http://www.healthline.com/heal.....view1

fiji

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 12:33 am
Mmmm just finished my morning cup now. Yes, coffee makes me veeerrryyy happy. U dont want to see me without it😈
#coffeeaddict

Water Stones

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 12:57 am
Coffee makes me anxious with a fast heart beat!

leopardspots

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 12:58 am
I don't have quite the intense reaction some of you have but I do love my morning coffee. The warmth, the taste, the sweetness, the whole experience of if being part of my morning... there's nothing like that first sip.
My husband is prone to depression however and it makes him feel super energetic and in a great mood. If he has too much it makes him very jittery, and way too excited. Reading some of the responses, I wonder if there is a correlation.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 8:02 am
I'm somewhat sensitive to caffeine so only have a weak coffee. This allows me to have chocolate too ;-)
OP and others, this is kind of unusual. At least I thought it was till so many of you came out of the woodwork. But it's legal, has health benefits if you drink enough but not too much, and here's a thought I heard from the Karliner Rebbe to have in mind when you make your next bracha:
You start off with coffee and you can have it hot, or add something like milk and cool it down.
You can have it dark, or add milk and make it lighter.
You can have it bitter, or you can add sugar and make it sweet.
On the hot and the cold, on the dark and the light, on the bitter and on the sweet, RBSh"O, on all this, we say, "shehakol nih'ye bidvaro."

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 10:10 am
leopardspots wrote:

My husband is prone to depression however and it makes him feel super energetic and in a great mood. If he has too much it makes him very jittery, and way too excited. Reading some of the responses, I wonder if there is a correlation.

Yes I'm prone to depression/anxiety, and I think there might be a correlation as you suggest. I'm also a bit psychic sometimes and pick up on energies, and I know someone similar who had the same reaction to coffee. I wonder if that's also part of the correlation?

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 10:18 am
Yes, it definitely makes me happy. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but in general I love the highness that coffee does to me. When the happy feeling wears off, I don't like it though Surprised
β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈπŸ«πŸ«πŸ«πŸ©πŸ©πŸ©
Let's celebrate coffee, chocolate and of course donuts for chanaka!!!

gp2.0

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 10:57 am
ra_mom wrote:
I really enjoy the taste of coffee. I enjoy wrapping my palms around the warm cup, slowly sipping. It's a comforting feeling. It helps get me out of the fog and fully awake in the morning too.

But it doesn't make me buzz or shake or talk non-stop. Neither does it make me feel joyous or give me an I'm on top of the world feeling.

I think your reaction is unusual Tongue Out

Same here...

OP how much sugar do you put into your coffee?

Either you're very sensitive to caffeine or you're getting a sugar rush.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 11:50 am
I have one double shot coffee every morning with no sugar. It makes me calm, patient, and more mature. It's funny because caffeine is a stimulant, but it actually makes me feel relaxed and calm, not jumpy. If I have two (4 shots) within 4 hours, I feel jumpy.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 12:36 pm
Seashells wrote:
Coffee makes me anxious with a fast heart beat!

Yes I have the same thing. I get this bad anxious feeling, like something is bothering me and I cant figure out what it is till I remember I drank coffee.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics