Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
DS "won" worst Chanukah grab bag prize....
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 7:39 am
That concept shouldn't exist

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 9:58 am
Some people just don't have the money. What should they do? So they figure a $1 pack of pens is better than nothing. What's if the dad has ten kids and each kid needs a $5 grab bag And he just lost his job? Pleeeze be melamed z'chus. Great time to teach your kids that Giving is more important than Receiving.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 10:33 am
amother wrote:
Some people just don't have the money. What should they do? So they figure a $1 pack of pens is better than nothing. What's if the dad has ten kids and each kid needs a $5 grab bag And he just lost his job? Pleeeze be melamed z'chus. Great time to teach your kids that Giving is more important than Receiving.

Maybe their child could elect not to participate?

Or they could make something for the exchange?

Or get something on sale.

Or something at the dollar store. Balsa wood airplanes. Jacks. Stress balls. Stickers. Mini gel pens. Erasers. Yo-yo. Paddle ball. Sidewalk chalk.

But its ridiculous to tell a 6 year old "yes, honey, there was supposed to be a gift exchange. And yes, you spent a lot of time finding something your friend would enjoy. But you should just be grateful for that fun while everyone else is opening gifts, and you got nothing."

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 10:36 am
This thread is 6 years old. Hopefully the child in question has already forgotten this incident.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 10:42 am
Rutabaga wrote:
This thread is 6 years old. Hopefully the child in question has already forgotten this incident.

I never get it when people say 'this thread is so old' as if that means discussion must END!! If people can still read it, then people are still interested. I often look back at old threads for people going through similar things to me and the fact that it happened 3 years ago doesn't make any further advice less relevant to others.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children