Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Pushing off Amazon subscribe and save delivery

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 10:45 am
I've been participating in Amazon's subscribe and save monthly since the program began, however, I still do not comprehend how one factor works. If I opt to push off an order for the next month, is there any way I still qualify for the price it was when I originally ordered, including coupons? Especially this month, when there were several promotions due to the holidays, I would love to still qualify for the discounted price, yet do not need all the items at the present time and don't have too much space for storage. Somehow, whenever I select to push off the delivery for the next month, I lose any discounts, coupons, etc. that were originally applied when I placed the order. Can someone explain? Or do I lose all promotions when I push off the order? Today is the last day for me before my monthly delivery processes, so please respond so I can make my decisions as to which orders I will cancel/push off, and which I will leave as is.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 11:12 am
We've pushed off orders without any price changes. It's really hard to anticipate the frequency of our need for certain items, so we do need to adjust here and there. The trick though is to make the change early enough. Unlike regular orders that we do on Amazon that show up a day or two later, sometimes I have tried to move an order 4,5, even 7 days in advance and they will tell me it already shipped out.

precious

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 11:38 am
Yes. Don't push it off a month. You simply have to change the delivery day to an earlier day of the month. So if the delivery day is the 25th of the month and it has to be changed by the 18th, changing the delivery day to the 10th of the month will effectively push it off a month. Let me know if you understand or I should try to explain it better:)

precious

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 11:39 am
You can even change the date just one or two days earlier...

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 12:06 pm
Right, I've pushed off the delivery date of the entire order successfully, but what if I still want to keep the original delivery date of some of the items, and only push off some other items?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 6:57 pm
Bump

kb

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:04 pm
You can skip some stuff in an order.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:09 pm
kb wrote:
You can skip some stuff in an order.

And still keep the discounted price?

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:11 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
And still keep the discounted price?

Five items or over gives you a twenty percent and four items or less is a five percent discount .
If by skipping an item your monthly order becomes less than five items the discount changes from twenty to five percent .

groovy1224

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:20 pm
I believe that once you push off a subscribe and save item, you lose the coupon. Amazon will register that the coupon has been redeemed and won't offer it again.

Try calling customer service though; they may be able to re-offer the coupon somehow.

trixx

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:31 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I believe that once you push off a subscribe and save item, you lose the coupon. Amazon will register that the coupon has been redeemed and won't offer it again.

Try calling customer service though; they may be able to re-offer the coupon somehow.

it's not that. it's that say you clipped a $1 coupon and paid $3 for a $4 item. that's only for this month. next month they will charge you $4.

kb

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:39 pm
I'd chat with customer service. They're very accommodating.

precious

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 8:01 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Right, I've pushed off the delivery date of the entire order successfully, but what if I still want to keep the original delivery date of some of the items, and only push off some other items?

I don't think you can do that

mamamia1

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 8:06 pm
I think you can change each item to once every 2/3/4/6 months and then confirm when you want the next delivery of each item to be. If you do it this way instead of skipping a delivery you should be able to keep original price.
Remember though that the percentage of the discount will depends on how many items you have delivered each month. If its less than 5 each month you don't have the added 5%

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 8:31 pm
precious wrote:
I don't think you can do that

You can totally do that. I often choose to skip certain items if I still have more than enough of them.

Maybe My Family

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 8:35 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
You can totally do that. I often choose to skip certain items if I still have more than enough of them.

And it keeps the same price ? I have skipped items as well but I believe the prices are subject to change

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 8:58 pm
mamamia1 wrote:
I think you can change each item to once every 2/3/4/6 months and then confirm when you want the next delivery of each item to be. If you do it this way instead of skipping a delivery you should be able to keep original price.
Remember though that the percentage of the discount will depends on how many items you have delivered each month. If its less than 5 each month you don't have the added 5%

Clever idea, but didn't work. Confused

And about the 20% discount, I have way over 5 subscriptions- currently down to 15 LOL - so I'm not worried about that part....

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 12:02 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Clever idea, but didn't work. Confused

And about the 20% discount, I have way over 5 subscriptions- currently down to 15 LOL - so I'm not worried about that part....

What do you order if I may ask????

I thought I'M an Amazonoholic!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:00 pm
Pull Ups, baby wipes, Avery labels that were 25ยข a package, toothpaste, trash bags, Reynolds's aluminum foil, Stretch Island fruit leather, six pack of Scotch shipping tape, Tide pods, Spray and Wash refill bottles, etc.

Oh, and that's just this month... Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains