Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Navy stroller... is it unisex?
Previous  1  2

Is a navy blue stroller unisex?
I would only put a baby boy in a navy blue stroller, and would assume that any baby I see in a navy stroller is a boy  
 3%  [ 12 ]
I would only put a baby girl in a navy blue stroller, and would assume that any baby I see in a navy stroller is a girl  
 0%  [ 1 ]
I would put either a boy or girl in a navy stroller, equally fine, and would make no assumptions of baby's gender based on a navy blue stroller  
 96%  [ 323 ]
Total Votes : 336

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 4:38 am
I buy the stroller color that *I* like because I'm the one that has to look at it. I have a lavender stroller that I love and use for both genders, even though my daughters were horrified (they were foundlings, we're not actually related) and a turquoise Doona that I use for a girl because I love turquoise and lavender. I find these colors soothing, which is a great feature when I'm out shopping with the kids Wink.

smile12345

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 6:25 am
Go for it.
I like the navy one.
I know other people who have it who only have girls.

lapmom

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 9:05 am
Actually got a navy stroller for a girl. its classy and I love it.

Simple1

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 9:17 am
Am I the only one confused by this thread? I thought navy was standard stroller color. Like asking can a woman have a black phone or is it too masculine. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

cm

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 9:32 am
Simple1 wrote:
Am I the only one confused by this thread? I thought navy was standard stroller color. Like asking can a woman have a black phone or is it too masculine. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

How old are your kids?

I have a teenager, and it was very rare indeed to see a stroller that was not navy blue.

Since then, strollers have been made available in many colors. Grey, black and perhaps red have become the new neutrals, judging from the strollers I see at shul. I had no idea until this thread that stroller color choice was linked to the baby's gender, or anything other than parental preference. Since strollers are often used for more than one sibling and by both parents, "unisex" styles are the norm.

In any event, navy is a neutral color worn by males and females alike. My daughter has worn lovely navy clothing at every age and stage, and my favorite simcha suit is navy. No one has ever mistaken us for male.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 1:45 am
And what if someone did "assume that any baby I see in a navy stroller is a ..."?

amother
White

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 6:14 am
Simple1 wrote:

Personally I love when girly things are very girly. My daughter has a pale pink sparkly winter coat and is always wearing furry or lacey or frilly headbands and shoes. Because a stroller is something big that she's in all the time, I like it to have pink or purple on it (like a giant announcement that inside this stroller is a GIRL Hooray). But that's my taste and obviously, other people like it differently. So I would prefer to put a boy in a navy stroller but I still never look at navy strollers and think 'baby boy.'

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 9:27 am
Where is the option for "I don't care what strangers think about the gender of my baby. As long as it gets them safely to and from, that's all that matters."

Sheesh. First World Problems. Rolling Eyes

MadameX

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 10:48 am
Navy, in my eyes, is unisex. If you are worried, a pink blanket or liner would solve the issue.

salt

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 2:33 am
All you people that would only put a boy in a blue stroller. Would you buy a new stroller if you then had a girl, even if the old stroller is in perfectly good condition?

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 4:49 am
amother wrote:
I wanted to buy the chameleon in the navy classic color because kah I'm expecting a boy, but then I worried if the one after this is a girl, that I couldn't put her in it!
So then I thought I'd go with a black or dark grey one and get interchangeable canopies. I thought it was not done... Maybe I should exchange the black one because I really wanted the navy

If you like navy, get navy.

I have never thought of navy as being either masculine or feminine. As others have pointed out, classic navy clothing is worn by both sexes.

Women don't tend to match handbags and shoes anymore but my Bubbe had navy pumps and shoes which she would wear with certain outfits and of course most women had a navy blue suit although now most women would have black instead of navy blue for a basic suit as people wear much more black for every day.

I would never make assumptions about the relations of a baby in a navy stroller or a child that was dressed in navy coat for example. I would assume the mother didn't want to get a light colored coat and didn't want black for a toddler/baby and so went with the classic navy blue.

Navy blue is I think characterized by the accessories and colors worn with it - navy blue and pink is a very classic lovely color combination and I would assume more feminine although metrosexual men do wear pink ties and might do so with their navy blazer.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 1:16 pm
salt wrote:
All you people that would only put a boy in a blue stroller. Would you buy a new stroller if you then had a girl, even if the old stroller is in perfectly good condition?

No way. I'm the poster that said I love girly things for a girl. At the very very most in this case if I was feeling frivolous I would do something with the hood, like put a floral design or fur or something. But I would probably just give her a pink blankie and pink stroller liner and maybe put a pink or purple handlebar cover on!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:52 pm
I was going to post that I find this thread hilarious as I don't understand how a classic color as navy to by mistaken as boyish. But now with so many posters saying navy is more a standard for boys. I'll say my opinion staying amother.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics