Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is Jackson for us?
Previous  1  2

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 1:35 pm
Agree with all of you about that... but my point was that OP classified herself as yeshivish and those don't - so it's a diff level of yeshivish Wink
Also, that neighborhood is def a mix, not all BMG types at all.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 4:09 pm
Am I the only one who opened this thread expecting to learn about a thriving OOT community in Mississippi?

jflower

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 7:06 am
DrMom, I was actually thinking of Wyoming!

What a surprise to find out there's a Jackson in NJ. Who knew?

Avacodo

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 9:44 am
Can someone tell me which neighborhood in Jackson Adelphi dr and Vassar court are in
Thanks in advance

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 10:06 am
That's a new area just past Brewer's Bridge, on the opposite side and further down from Brookwood area. I don't know many people living there so can't comment on the crowd. It sort of continues past the Seminole/Mohawk area that is Lakewood, and is just over the border. Very close to good shopping - the NPGS Jackson store is pretty close, as is the stop 'n' shop.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 10:08 am
amother wrote:
Agree with all of you about that... but my point was that OP classified herself as yeshivish and those don't - so it's a diff level of yeshivish Wink
Also, that neighborhood is def a mix, not all BMG types at all.

Agree with this point. I know a few people living there, and would say they are JPF. Never learned in BMG or any Kollel. Frum working crowd.

Avacodo

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 10:39 am
Thanks for responding
What is the flair neighborhood like?
Also what would you say the difference in crowd is between the white road neighborhood (Linda etc) and Melissa lee, Danielle Pitney area
Thanks again!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 10:51 am
I'm not familiar with the flair neighborhood.

I think the white road neighborhood is somewhat more "yeshivish" (broad term, I know) than Melissa Lee, Danielle Pitney area. Based just on the people I know who have moved there.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 11:38 am
I think you're right Chayalle.
Also, Melissa Lee has a pretty young crowd, mostly in their 20's although there are a few in their 30s. Westlake is a bit older, and is essentially the same block as it backs Melissa Lee. Pitney and Danielle are already a walk from Westlake/Melissa Lee - not a terribly long one, but not one that kids can take themselves.
Can't say for sure about Flair, but I get the impression it's a simpler crowd than Bridgewater, Meadown Run, Melissa Lee, Westlake etc...

Avacodo

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 12:47 pm
Also do u know is the Oakley hill (claridge, partree) section the same crowd as Brookwood or is that something different
What's the crowd like there?
Thanks everyone!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating