Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Deena bat Yaakov
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 11:04 am
Debbie wrote:
Also the idea of a man of Eisav's age with a girl of Deena's age disturbs me.
As for the rape,I intensely dislike the blame the victim approach.

That's because you are living in today's society, where it's not the norm.

I agree with you about disliking the "blame the victim" mentality....

pause

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 12:32 pm
cinnabuns wrote:
The Satan would do whatever it takes to stop the birth of moshiach. So anything that has to do with the direct ancestors of moshiach had to be dirty- so the Satan would say 'oh, this is not a clean situation, I'm not gonna touch it'. The nation of Moav, who rus comes from, came from lot and his two daughters. His daughters assumed the world had come to an end, and were intimate. I forget the name of the other nation that came from the other sister. Rus was with Boaz in an 'untznius' manner- and Dovid came from her. Tamar and Yehuda- same thing, moshiach comes from them. Dinah's daughter from this act married Yosef, and menashe and efraim came from them, also ancestors to moshiach....
It's kind of like, who are we kidding, fooling the Satan.. moshiach is such a lofty soul and concept, if this would have been done 'normally' then people would notice and prevent, kill, wtvr it took for the nations not to continue..
Will try and find the source for this, I learned this in high school and it stuck with me since..
I learned this too.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 1:00 pm
cinnabuns wrote:
The Satan would do whatever it takes to stop the birth of moshiach. So anything that has to do with the direct ancestors of moshiach had to be dirty- so the Satan would say 'oh, this is not a clean situation, I'm not gonna touch it'. The nation of Moav, who rus comes from, came from lot and his two daughters. His daughters assumed the world had come to an end, and were intimate. I forget the name of the other nation that came from the other sister. Rus was with Boaz in an 'untznius' manner- and Dovid came from her. Tamar and Yehuda- same thing, moshiach comes from them. Dinah's daughter from this act married Yosef, and menashe and efraim came from them, also ancestors to moshiach....
It's kind of like, who are we kidding, fooling the Satan.. moshiach is such a lofty soul and concept, if this would have been done 'normally' then people would notice and prevent, kill, wtvr it took for the nations not to continue..
Will try and find the source for this, I learned this in high school and it stuck with me since..

There are likely several sources....I believe that on the pasuk "Vayered Yehuda" - Yehuda went down and got married, right after Mechiras Yosef, Rashi says "Borei Oro Shel Moshiach".
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics