Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Chanukah gift for myself
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 6:28 pm
amother wrote:
Jewelry-of course a woman can always have more jewelry but I feel like that's not what I wish for right now.

Perfume-I'm not a perfume person, and even if I wanted to try some I would never spend that much on it

Scarf, sweater, hand bag-same-wouldn't spend that much on it.

something for the house-yes that definitely speak to me but what???

massage and facial would be so cool. Never got any of those. But it's from my husband and he wants me to get something tangible Smile

I was thinking along the lines of something for our bedroom like a mini bedroom makeover? Like curtains, bed skirts (which we don't have), a new lamp (current one is broken). That would be nice.

Another idea is just use the money for women's accessories like new gloves and things like that (which I need, lol), but again I don't see how I would use $300 worth of that kind of thing.

Or maybe towards new shoes and/or boots which I need. But that seems like a weird gift to me-here are shoes?? I mean if I really need shoes I would buy shoes without it being a gift, really...

I'm eyeing this expensive pot that's like $50 but he feels like that's not a gift either-a pot?!

Lol are we hopeless??

Go with the bedroom mini makeover. I'd be thrilled with a new set of linen or any of the other items you mentioned.

Or with the accessories for yourself... But make them count. A beautiful pair of feminine warm leather gloves with touch screen technology. Along with a fur neck scarf. And delicious boots. You'll feel like a million bucks all winter long and you'll enjoy it all everyday (as will your dh when he sees you in them).

PAMOM

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 7:26 pm
What ra_ mom said!!

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 9:44 pm
It seems to me that if you have to ask total strangers for gift suggestions for yourself, you don't really want anything at all and are looking for people to plant an utterly unnecessary idea in your mind. That's what advertising does, btw--create a desire to acquire something where no desire existed. Do yourself a favor, ignore what other people suggested unless you want your dh to buy gifts for THEM. Look at the list of things YOU thought of that your dh rejected, and then ask him honestly: do you want to please me or do you want to make yourself look like a gvir? Because if it's the former, then you will get me one or more of the humble everyday things I asked for , because I really want them and they will please me. Otoh if you want to make yourself look like a big shot big spender, by all means buy something fancy that I don't need or want but that will impress other people. But then don't say it's a gift for me because it will really be a gift for your ego.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 10:08 pm
zaq wrote:
It seems to me that if you have to ask total strangers for gift suggestions for yourself, you don't really want anything at all and are looking for people to plant an utterly unnecessary idea in your mind. That's what advertising does, btw--create a desire to acquire something where no desire existed. Do yourself a favor, ignore what other people suggested unless you want your dh to buy gifts for THEM. Look at the list of things YOU thought of that your dh rejected, and then ask him honestly: do you want to please me or do you want to make yourself look like a gvir? Because if it's the former, then you will get me one or more of the humble everyday things I asked for , because I really want them and they will please me. Otoh if you want to make yourself look like a big shot big spender, by all means buy something fancy that I don't need or want but that will impress other people. But then don't say it's a gift for me because it will really be a gift for your ego.

Applause Bravo.

I'm usually saddened when someone wants to know what kind of a present to buy their husband. It's like the poster is shouting, "I don't know the man I married".

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 10:24 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Applause Bravo.

I'm usually saddened when someone wants to know what kind of a present to buy their husband. It's like the poster is shouting, "I don't know the man I married".
this.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 1:59 am
I got a photo shoot of my family

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 12 2018, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 7:58 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Applause Bravo.

Off topic. But not in my case (and I'm sure many women)! My husband is just the type who buys whatever he needs/really wants. And he's very specific, for example he wouldn't want just ANY tool set or any wallet, but a specific brand, make etc, and I just don't know from these things. Since I don't want our money to be wasted, we have a deal going- he buys me gifts (because I'm not picky and he has good taste) and I don't really buy him gifts but I'll say, "use that money to buy xxx that you really want."

glamourmom

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 9:09 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Applause Bravo.

or.... we're seeking help because buying gifts for a guy is so much harder than buying for a woman.

shanie5

Post Sat, Dec 31 2016, 10:40 pm
I got a remote starter for my car for chanukah. Best gift ever! Do you have a car? It would be a fantastic addition if you live in a cold climate.

life is fun

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 12:38 am
baby12x wrote:
I got a photo shoot of my family

This
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics