Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
My organic eggs froze - can they be saved?

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 6:58 pm
So now that I splurged on expensive eggs, my fridge played a trick on me and at least 7 of them are frozen and varying degrees of cracked open Sad

Currently they are too frozen to do anything with, but I guess as soon as they start to thaw they'll turn into a gooey mess as they're already cracked and most are a little open (I'm hoping that the ones that are cracked but not gaping open may still stay inside)

Is there any way to rescue this situation?

trixx

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 8:07 pm
I would probably toss bc of the differences in temperature possibly affecting it or something (Edit I would extensively google this), but off-topic, I once bought a few dozen organic brown eggs and literally at least 8 of each dozen had a bloodspot. so even if you do salvage them they may not be okay (alternatively, don't feel bad if you can't).

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 8:28 pm
I've used this brand of eggs before and never had a blood spot. That's sad for you.

miami85

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 9:28 pm
That happened to me once, I just put them into a cup of warm water for a few minutes and they were as good as new.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:43 am
I've had trixx's problem with brown organic eggs (and nearly all organic or cage-free eggs seem to be brown). They frequently have blood spots. Not 8 out of 12, but 2 or 3 out of 12. That's a lot when you consider how expensive organic eggs are.

I don't buy organic or cage-free eggs anymore due to the expense.

Liba

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 6:11 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I've had trixx's problem with brown organic eggs (and nearly all organic or cage-free eggs seem to be brown). They frequently have blood spots. Not 8 out of 12, but 2 or 3 out of 12. That's a lot when you consider how expensive organic eggs are.

I don't buy organic or cage-free eggs anymore due to the expense.

I had this with NON organic brown eggs, eight out of 12 had blood spots.

Later someone told me it was pigmentation from the same source that turned the shells brown, not blood, but they were long in the trash and I never bought brown eggs again after that.

I don't think it is an organic egg issue, we buy white organic eggs often and rarely have a blood spot at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen