Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do Corelle dishes vary?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 9:12 pm
I have been looking at getting corelle dishes for a long time for my milchig set. I have always hated our milchig set which came into my marriage with dh. Because of the kids, we have a lot of plastic which I can't stand using. It usually can't go in the microwave, it stains, it's gross.

But I'm looking online and the prices vary tremendously on the corelle website. Some are $35/16 piece set, others are $65/16 piece set. Is that just the color difference? The design? Or are some sturdier than others?

Any other tips?

flmommy

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:23 pm
Love my corelle dishes. We are very tough on items and they totally hold up great. I would think the difference is style but I'm not an expert. I have two sets and Both are great.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:54 pm
I've seen that at Walmart they have open stock of Corelle dishes. So you can buy as little or as much as you need of a set.

Also, see if there are any outlet stores where you are located. When I was a newly wed I went to one of those outlet malls and there was a kitchen outlet store and I bought my dairy corelle dishes super cheap there.

trixx

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:25 pm
price by design/pattern, it's all made of the same stuff.

I prefer buying open stock so I;m not stuck with their cups. I second the outlet mall, otherwise their website actually has very good prices (sign up and get a coupon too) especially now with holiday sales unless those have just ended. but they're always running sales. and their customer service is really fabulous.

btw I have one set circle and one set square and the square dishes are huge. bowls hold more, small plate is the size of a big one, big one is like a small serving plate. idk if that's because of the lack of the rim or actual dimensions are slightly bigger or both.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:35 pm
I'm not aware of quality differences, all Corelle that I've seen looks pretty much the same.

However when I was shopping for mine I went to some bricks-n-mortar stores to see the real things on display and I noticed that some of the designs had a more obvious printed-on appearance while others looked more natural (painterly look or looked like part of the dish.) I think they were all the same price anyway but stylistically that made a difference to me even more than the design itself.

I love our Corelle. I have for both milk and meat bought before our wedding and I think we've broken maybe one bowl. I got them from the Corelle website (I think it was, anyway) - there was a coupon for signing up, and they were running a promotion for a free serving dish with your set. They're fairly lightweight and very easy to clean.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:55 am
I think there may be quality differences. My Correlle isn't as compactly stackable as some others, and seems a bit thicker. But I'm not sure. It's also several years old, so it may have changed.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 2:49 am
Yeah, I also think the difference in price is more due to design, not quality. The only thing is that they have been discontinuing patterns after only a few years - it's not like it used to be when you could get the same patterns for decades. I think the cheaper sets are of discontinued patterns many times so it will be harder to make up sets if you're interested in a few years times.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:56 am
Just the design. Also the jump up and down on price. Mine were cheaper, bought some, then went to buy another set and they were crazy expensive. Said forget it and waited. While browsing a few months later to find a complimentary set I saw the original set I wanted for 18.95 for a set of 4. Bought 2 more boxes and now I have Set of 16.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics