Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Keeping hair 1/2 tefach long under shaytel?

Liora20

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 12:27 pm
Hi,

I'm a newlywed who wears a short shaytel but keeps her hair long.
However I've heard a bit in Lubavitcher circles about keeping hair just half a tefach long.

Firstly I can't envisage this. I know what a tefach is, but when the Rebbe said half a tefach did he mean cropped? Almost shaven? Like a bob cut?

Secondly, fellow chabadniks, is your hair half a tefach long or do you not follow this minhag?

Scared I'm doing something wrong Sad

shluchamom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 1:23 pm
It was a suggestion not halacha. Halacha is that your hair must be covered properly. Depends on hair texture that doesn't always work and the Rebbe said one doesn't need to measure with a ruler. Meaning a person should preferably keep their hair as short as they can within the context of keeping it covered. Also shorter hair creates less issues with mikvah.

Liora20

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 1:42 pm
shluchamom wrote:
It was a suggestion not halacha. Halacha is that your hair must be covered properly. Depends on hair texture that doesn't always work and the Rebbe said one doesn't need to measure with a ruler. Meaning a person should preferably keep their hair as short as they can within the context of keeping it covered. Also shorter hair creates less issues with mikvah.

Yes, I kind of guessed this was the case but thought best to check. Thank you!

MommyM

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 5:07 pm
I don't know what exactly the Rebbe meant, but I keep my hair extremely short, but long enough to fit a small pony.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels