Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
One just wouldn't sleep

imabeliever

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:28 pm
My twins are 15 months kah one just doesn't get what going to sleep means he can be in his bed talking for hours or if he does fall asleep right away he's up few min later anyone with such experience what is there to do about it

pizza4

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:56 pm
If he's not crying just ignore it. He'll fall asleep soon enough. Not everyone falls asleep the minute their head touches their pillow. Unless maybe he's waking up his sibling? Can you put him to sleep a drop later then?

imabeliever

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 1:21 am
pizza4 wrote:
If he's not crying just ignore it. He'll fall asleep soon enough. Not everyone falls asleep the minute their head touches their pillow. Unless maybe he's waking up his sibling? Can you put him to sleep a drop later then?

I mean hours as well in he'll b in bed 9 n would be up till 2 but literally nap time too could take him long
It's getting me worried

imabeliever

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 1:23 am
He'll cry towards the end sometimes hysterically bh he doesn't wake the other one

happy mommy6

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 9:22 am
Maybe shorten his nap.

pizza4

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 12:56 pm
Or skip the nap. Some babies start not needing naps at this age.
Or nap earlier in the day. If his nap is usually at 1, change it to 11 or 12.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 9:23 pm
my twins always had different nap schedules...... one settled into 2 naps before the other. then settled into 1 nap while the twin still took 2. Then gave up naps while the twin still needed. Years and years later (my twins turn 10 next week), the one who gave up naps first NEVER EVER EVER naps unless he's sick. His twin sister naps EVERY single Shabbos and many days of winter/spring break and summer. Smile It knocked my schedule for a loop but I worked hard on treating them as individuals and giving each what she/he needed.

Now, he gets up for school more than an hour before she needs to (separate schools, separate schedules) so I wake him at 6:15 and if she's not up yet (she usually is) I wake her at 7:40. So I put him to bed 7:30 ish on school nights but she stays up later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more