Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Seminary suggestions for "out of town "chilled open BY girl
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 10:58 pm
Pninim is pretty chilled out BY. We were concerned about that though cause chilled out BY could also mean a girl from. A BY family going in the other direction.
On the other hand... Don't necessarily want to send to an MO school where girls are on the way up cause might expose dd to things that she has not been exposed to yet.
as far as I know, TD hanhala is yeshivish. Don't think they are OK with girls hanging with boys. But, they will accept a girl even if she does as long as she is looking to grow. What I was told is, they accept a girl who hangs with boys and that has always been acceptable for her not the BY girl who hangs with boys. Darchei Bina is Definitely has more BY girls than TD. But, I'm afraid there is a "hang with boy" element there also.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 12:37 am
My DH teaches at 5 different seminaries. The girls eat by me all the time. Bnos Avigail sounds like it is what you are looking for (my DH doesn't teach there but I have had there girls many times) It is an amazing place. Pninim also sounds like a good option. They are both on Neve's campus so easy to check out both when you are visiting.

essie14

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 2:05 am
reality mom wrote:
Sounds like youre looking for Lahav. It's a half year seminary with the option of continuing on untill Pesach. Not so academic, but super chilled and growth oriented.

It's VERY yeshivish. Smart phones are confiscated the first day. Uniforms ALL the time, even on tiyulim. Very early curfews. NOT chilled out.

shabri

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:37 am
You might want to check out Midreshset Tehilla. Also on the neve campus

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:41 am
reality mom wrote:
Sounds like youre looking for Lahav. It's a half year seminary with the option of continuing on untill Pesach. Not so academic, but super chilled and growth oriented.

Lahav is super jappy, very in towny, and very BY. Doesn't sound like what OP's DD is looking for at all...

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:42 am
amother wrote:
My DH teaches at 5 different seminaries. The girls eat by me all the time. Bnos Avigail sounds like it is what you are looking for (my DH doesn't teach there but I have had there girls many times) It is an amazing place. Pninim also sounds like a good option. They are both on Neve's campus so easy to check out both when you are visiting.

Is peninim now on neve's campus? When I was in Israel they had their own place sort of near tachana merkazit

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:47 am
I was an out of town chilled and open BY girl and I absolutely adored Darchei Binah! The staff is amazing, there are enough girls there that you will find your group, and it is truly a school of growth.

Hatzlacha! Hard choices!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 12:23 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Is peninim now on neve's campus? When I was in Israel they had their own place sort of near tachana merkazit

That was a number of years ago. Then they moved to a really nice building on Yirmiyahu, but I think Bnos Chava is there now.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 12:28 pm
When checking out a seminary, as important as the fit is, you have to decide if it's a place you would trust with your daughter for a full 10 months. For me, that would be as important as the type.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 12:34 pm
Chayalle wrote:
When checking out a seminary, as important as the fit is, you have to decide if it's a place you would trust with your daughter for a full 10 months. For me, that would be as important as the type.

This, 100%.

(Which is why many people wouldn't send to Pninim... I wouldn't entrust my daughter's wellbeing to a seminary where staff members who are still there covered up abuse...)

RBSMOM

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 1:11 pm
essie14 wrote:
It's VERY yeshivish. Smart phones are confiscated the first day. Uniforms ALL the time, even on tiyulim. Very early curfews. NOT chilled out.

Thanks. That won't work for her
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children