Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What type of childcare to you use for your infant?(Flatbush)

goldie1

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:53 am
Hello ladies,

I am curious as to what type of childcare Flatbush/Midwood based mothers use for their babies under 2 years of age. I know there are a lot of informal babysitter options in Brooklyn rather than formal daycare centers but I have been struggling to find an individual who provides quality care for my baby while I am at work. I am open to names and numbers!!

I am also open to daycare centers but prefer something that is licensed and have not been able to find anything that takes infants or toddlers under age 2. Is this accurate or am I missing something. My baby is 9 months and I feel at a loss here in Brooklyn. I know there are so many mothers who work out there, what type of care do you have for your infant/toddler? How has it worked out? Any suggestions for this mom from out of town (although I have lived here for over 3 years now!) who is trying to figure things out here "in town!"

Many thanks. Happy Chanukah!1

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:57 am
I'm at a loss too. I have a 10 month old and was considering going back to work but most of the options that take under 2's are unlicensed, makeshift playgroups in apartments. I visited one recently and was not impressed at all. Not many toys, didn't even have a high chair or pack n play, not babyproof, no carpet, just hard flooring...
I'm also from OOT and don't know what people do.

goldie1

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:51 pm
Thanks for your response, Silver. Too bad I didn't get any input to the question---it may have been helpful to many people like you and me Smile

Sounds like we have some things in common. If you ever want to hang out let me know!

Good luck!

mamanjune

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 6:58 am
Gan Rivkah is a full daycare program accepting infants. Contact Morah Rivkah at 9175793346.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics