Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Suddenly refusing to eat

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:06 pm
My toddler every once in a while refuses to eat anything. It's already been the third day she barely ate. Is it something to worry about? Why would it be happening?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
My toddler every once in a while refuses to eat anything. It's already been the third day she barely ate. Is it something to worry about? Why would it be happening?

You said this happened before. But she starts eating again eventually right? Are you concerned about her weight? All the books I read say this is pretty normal.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:41 pm
This happens to my toddler a few days before he gets sick (cold, cough, fever/ any of the above) and lasts until the sickness is gone

bamba

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:58 pm
Could Be she's teething. That happens with my baby every time he teeths he goes off all his food.
If she's eating normally the rest of the time and she's drinking then I wouldn't worry too much.

BabsB

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 3:03 pm
Kids appetites vary for tons of reasons. If there are no other symptoms or signs concerning you, than it's totally normal. Kiddos will definitely let you know when they are hungry. Smile

MyUsername

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 3:39 pm
My daughter does this here and there. usually if it's for more than one day, it's because she's sick. If it was going on for 3 days, I'd take her to the doctor.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:09 pm
Thanx. She usually doesn't stop eating so this is unusual. She has a little cough but not sure if connected. She wants to eat like she asks for things but she didn't actually eat it. It's strange. Will see what happens tomorrow I guess

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 10:38 pm
My kids are big eaters so when this happens I wait for the sickness to set in...😩

tymama

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:07 pm
My dd won't eat when she's constipated. When she doesn't eat I know to put marilox in her bottle asap and once she has a bm she resumes eating

BabsB

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
Thanx. She usually doesn't stop eating so this is unusual. She has a little cough but not sure if connected. She wants to eat like she asks for things but she didn't actually eat it. It's strange. Will see what happens tomorrow I guess

Now that you included more detail it does seem concerning. But not overly so just yet. She may have a tummy bug or something. If it doesn't clear up or gets worse than at least call the dr and see if they want you to bring her in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics