Home

Corruption in Ramapo
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Plum


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:23 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
The town supervisor was arrested for major corruption. He's been in cahoots with a lot of the Jewish community and it's not good. He allowed overdevelopment because he was paid off to keep quiet and not adhere to the zoning laws.

He is accused of selling $150 million in municipal bonds based on fabricated
Town financial documents that overstated the town revenues to potentially

Can you please explain - whats over development?
Back to top

watergirl









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:24 pm
Squishy wrote:
Don't believe any of the stories. I made them all up. No one knows about the corruption but me.

Lol!!
Back to top

Bizzydizzymommy









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:40 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please explain - whats over development?


There were strict zoning laws but the frum developers bribed the town supervisor to change the zoning laws so that they can build monstrosities all over the place. They made huge campaigns to vote for this guy to serve multiple terms while telling the klal it was all for affordable housing. That was a lie! There was nothing affordable about it. The. Holding just got out of control and the town is not equipped to have so many people. The infrastructure was built to be a suburban area and now it's a city...with apartments coming out of every nook and crannie. The roads are not equipped for so many cars and traffic is horrendous. Monsey has lost a lot of its charm since the over developement occurred. The non Jews are furious about this and there are many Jews fed up as well. All in all he allowed this to happen not to the benefit of the voters but to line his own pockets and those of his cronies the frum developers.
Back to top

Bizzydizzymommy









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:40 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
There were strict zoning laws but the frum developers bribed the town supervisor to change the zoning laws so that they can build monstrosities all over the place. They made huge campaigns to vote for this guy to serve multiple terms while telling the klal it was all for affordable housing. That was a lie! There was nothing affordable about it. The whole thing just got out of control and the town is not equipped to have so many people. The infrastructure was built to be a suburban area and now it's a city...with apartments coming out of every nook and crannie. The roads are not equipped for so many cars and traffic is horrendous. Monsey has lost a lot of its charm since the over developement occurred. The non Jews are furious about this and there are many Jews fed up as well. All in all he allowed this to happen not to the benefit of the voters but to line his own pockets and those of his cronies the frum developers.
Back to top

ra_mom









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:42 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please explain - whats over development?

In simple terms, overdevelopment is building too much for an area to handle.
Each area has its own zoning laws, put into place to protect the people and allow them to still have open space, light, air, normal amounts of traffic, not more waste than the sanitation department can handle, enough space on public transportation, etc.
Overdevelopment, in this context, is when the zoning laws are tampered with. Quality of life for the area is lost.
Back to top

ra_mom









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:43 pm
Jinx, I see bizzydizzymommy already explained.
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:48 pm
Thanks for the explanation ladies. So what kind of people are moving into these developments? I don't know about you, but if it was me I sure as heck wouldn't love into a place where I would not be well received.
Back to top

sourstix









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:51 pm
It sounds like what's going on in Lakewood. Overdevelopment but it's being done legally and politicians don't care. Infrastructure is not able to contain this. we therefore have abnormal amount of car accident s. The roads are not equipped to deal with this. And no one doing anything. Politicians are one of the worst in the country.
Back to top

ra_mom









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:59 pm
sourstix wrote:
It sounds like what's going on in Lakewood. Overdevelopment but it's being done legally and politicians don't care. Infrastructure is not able to contain this. we therefore have abnormal amount of car accident s. The roads are not equipped to deal with this. And no one doing anything. Politicians are one of the worst in the country.

Zoning laws should only be changed after careful planning. This takes a long time and a lot of work, figuring out how much space is needed for the growing population without creating overcrowding, making road changes and expansions, reconsidering traffic laws, growing the sanitation and public transportation departments along with other governmental offices. If these things are not done, you end up with what you wrote above.
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 5:02 pm
Boro Park, is this way also. One family houses come down and a minimum of 3 condos are built in its place. Some corner, one family houses are built in to apartment buildings. They are not making driveways and build out the maximum that they are able so there is definitely no room for greenery.
Back to top

amother




Lavender


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 5:05 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
There were strict zoning laws but the frum developers bribed the town supervisor to change the zoning laws so that they can build monstrosities all over the place. They made huge campaigns to vote for this guy to serve multiple terms while telling the klal it was all for affordable housing. That was a lie! There was nothing affordable about it. The. Holding just got out of control and the town is not equipped to have so many people. The infrastructure was built to be a suburban area and now it's a city...with apartments coming out of every nook and crannie. The roads are not equipped for so many cars and traffic is horrendous. Monsey has lost a lot of its charm since the over developement occurred. The non Jews are furious about this and there are many Jews fed up as well. All in all he allowed this to happen not to the benefit of the voters but to line his own pockets and those of his cronies the frum developers.

The problem is we are stuck dealing with him because the alternatives are all against anything Jewish.

To be fair, I don't blame them for hating "the Jews" though I hate being lumped with those people. We ruined their town, we own the vote, we take away programs for public schools when we don't utilize the schools (why on earth do the frum control the public schools they don't use?!??!?!?!?!?!) and most recently I saw complaints online that their busses are late on Fridays because the "bloc vote" needs to get home in time for shabbos so they get preferential treatment for the busses and everyone else just has to suck it home and get home later. Do you blame them for hating us?? Still, frum people can't vote for outright anti semites who are open about the fact that they want to force us to "procreate less" and wont let a single Jewish person so much as add a bedroom onto their private homes. It's a pretty bad siuation.
Back to top

Bizzydizzymommy









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 5:07 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the explanation ladies. So what kind of people are moving into these developments? I don't know about you, but if it was me I sure as heck wouldn't love into a place where I would not be well received.


Lots of people from New York City have been moving here in droves and don't mind living in apartments like that. I moved away from the overdeveloped area . I live " out of the area" on a quiet cul de sac. The prices of private homes have sky rocketed so some people don't have a choice but to move into these buildings. I have rented apartments in some of these places and was utterly miserable. But not everyone minds as much as I do to have privacy , a clean yard etc.
Back to top

Bizzydizzymommy









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 5:28 pm
amother wrote:
The problem is we are stuck dealing with him because the alternatives are all against anything Jewish.

To be fair, I don't blame them for hating "the Jews" though I hate being lumped with those people. We ruined their town, we own the vote, we take away programs for public schools when we don't utilize the schools (why on earth do the frum control the public schools they don't use?!??!?!?!?!?!) and most recently I saw complaints online that their busses are late on Fridays because the "bloc vote" needs to get home in time for shabbos so they get preferential treatment for the busses and everyone else just has to suck it home and get home later. Do you blame them for hating us?? Still, frum people can't vote for outright anti semites who are open about the fact that they want to force us to "procreate less" and wont let a single Jewish person so much as add a bedroom onto their private homes. It's a pretty bad siuation.


I agree , but since we were lied to more than once . I wonder if the other side is really anti Semitic or do they just want to put fear into us so that we still vote for them? Why should I still trust what they tell us is true?
Back to top

amother




Lavender


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 5:59 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I agree , but since we were lied to more than once . I wonder if the other side is really anti Semitic or do they just want to put fear into us so that we still vote for them? Why should I still trust what they tell us is true?

I'm not basing this on what the current supervisors or bloc vote people are telling us. I'm basing this on what I see myself from the preserve ramapo people. There are facebook groups with horrific anti semitism posted on them including from Chris Day.
Back to top

amother




Bisque


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not basing this on what the current supervisors or bloc vote people are telling us. I'm basing this on what I see myself from the preserve ramapo people. There are facebook groups with horrific anti semitism posted on them including from Chris Day.


u mean ed day?
Back to top

amother




Lavender


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 6:06 pm
amother wrote:
u mean ed day?

Now I'm confused. Didn't realize there is an Ed Day and a Chris Day. I'm not sure which one I'm referring to. One of them posts horrific stuff on his facebook page.
Back to top

WhatFor









  


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 7:51 pm
Can the title of this thread be changed?

[good idea, I changed it -Yael]
Back to top

amother




Red


Post  Wed, Jan 04 2017, 8:28 pm
amother wrote:
Now I'm confused. Didn't realize there is an Ed Day and a Chris Day. I'm not sure which one I'm referring to. One of them posts horrific stuff on his facebook page.

Ed Day is Rockland county Executive, and he active on social media but due to his position he restraints from open anti semitism, his son Chris is more lose on Facebook
Back to top

saw50st8









  


Post  Thu, Jan 05 2017, 7:00 am
amother wrote:
The problem is we are stuck dealing with him because the alternatives are all against anything Jewish.

To be fair, I don't blame them for hating "the Jews" though I hate being lumped with those people. We ruined their town, we own the vote, we take away programs for public schools when we don't utilize the schools (why on earth do the frum control the public schools they don't use?!??!?!?!?!?!) and most recently I saw complaints online that their busses are late on Fridays because the "bloc vote" needs to get home in time for shabbos so they get preferential treatment for the busses and everyone else just has to suck it home and get home later. Do you blame them for hating us?? Still, frum people can't vote for outright anti semites who are open about the fact that they want to force us to "procreate less" and wont let a single Jewish person so much as add a bedroom onto their private homes. It's a pretty bad siuation.


I can't believe I'm about to defend Monsey at all, but here goes.

When my parents moved into Monsey (early 80s, but by then the foundation had been laid for...) in the 70s, the non-Orthodox Jews were irate that the Orthodox Jews didn't send their kids to public school because it meant changing demographics for the school system. The schools turned from middle class white to poor black/minorities. The schools went to hell basically. I remember going into the high school one day during school hours (don't remember why I needed to go) and I had to walk through a metal detector and there were multiple cops stationed on campus.

We as Orthodox Jews were hated before we even did anything "wrong."

Combine that with our ability to form voting blocs which can sway elections, it didn't start off well.

Of course, there are plenty of things Orthodox Jews did wrong too. We tend to vote for our own best interests, not the overall best interests for the town. We provided a littany of corrupt politicians (either from within the community or through illegal and immoral ways). We took over the school board (again, a murky complicated situation that ended up horrific but didn't start out that way).

And "they" (meaning the non-Orthodox Jews) did plenty of things to drive Orthodox Jews further away including things like creating villages with zoning laws specifically to keep Orthodox Jews out (it didn't work).

I'm not sure the rift can be solved.
Back to top

Notsobusy









  


Post  Thu, Jan 05 2017, 8:36 am
Squishy wrote:
Don't believe any of the stories. I made them all up. No one knows about the corruption but me.


I imagine you're referring to the my posts in the kallah jewelry thread and the rabbi thread. But you weren't talking about the Ramapo corruption and that's not what I called you on. I would never argue about the corruption in Ramapo, the corruption there is terrible. It's not just at the government level, there is so much fraud and tax evasion going on in Monsey. The child of a close family friend was arrested in connection with the Ramapo corruption and I fully believe that he's guilty. But I stand by what I wrote in the other threads, your stories are extreme and nobody else ever heard of them, but you make them sound like normal, everyday life in Monsey.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
Political corruption at school?
by amother
13 Fri, Jun 17 2011, 1:40 am View last post
Monsey / Ramapo Petition
by Itta
3 Tue, Jun 12 2007, 4:57 pm View last post
East ramapo therapists
by adinak
0 Thu, Mar 31 2016, 5:15 pm View last post
This American Life episode about Hasidic takeover of Ramapo
by Pita
233 Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:13 am View last post
BY of Ramapo, BY of Monsey, BY D'Rav Hirsh
by amother
14 Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:56 am View last post

Jump to:  







Report offensive ad