Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Options to hang unifoms in girls room without a closet?
1  2  Next

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:51 pm
My girls room doesnt have a closet so we keep their clothing in drawers and their shabbos hanging clothing in the other room. I would like to be able to hang their uniform shirts (5 each for two kids) in their room so they can just start getting themselves dressed in the morning. I have the shirts on hangers. Is there a hook kind of thing that can hold 10 hangers? What would you do? (folding them into drawers is not so practical and they will not be neat)

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:53 pm
Is there room to put a small wardrobe so they can keep some hanging clothes in their room? If not, go for hooks.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:08 pm
We made a small extra bedroom off of our very large dining/living room area. It did not have space for a closet. DD loves having her own room. She has a dresser for most of her clothes in there, hooks for overnight clothes, and her other clothes hang in the closet of another room.

I don't know about 10 hangers....you would need quite a few hooks for that. We have a row of hooks that are attached to each other, probably about 4 or 5, that we put up. You could get two sets.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:13 pm
Not pretty, but it could work.

https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor.....anger

cm

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:13 pm
Is there room for a small wardrobe or garment rack?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:
We made a small extra bedroom off of our very large dining/living room area. It did not have space for a closet. DD loves having her own room. She has a dresser for most of her clothes in there, hooks for overnight clothes, and her other clothes hang in the closet of another room.

I don't know about 10 hangers....you would need quite a few hooks for that. We have a row of hooks that are attached to each other, probably about 4 or 5, that we put up. You could get two sets.

what do you mean by "overnight clothes"? where do you hang her uniform shirts?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:18 pm
You fold it

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:21 pm
My mother has a thing that hooks on the. Back of the door of the room that has about 8 holes to hang about hangers worth of stuff

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
what do you mean by "overnight clothes"? where do you hang her uniform shirts?

Clothes she's going to use the next morning. She would generally take a fresh shirt so that would go in the laundry...but the skirt, sweater, sweatshirt, etc...would go on the hook. It can go on the hook with a hanger, or without, depending on the item.

I don't like those over-the-door hangers because they tend to show on the other side and make it hard to close the door all the way. I got her the kind that nail into the wall or into the back of the door.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:25 pm
We use this right now for my daughter. No straight walls at the moment (attic room) so cant have a closet, so we use the following: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....1630/

lora

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:27 pm
over the door is probably your best option, I like SixOfWands link, or what I've seen is just a over the door hook with a pretty garment bag ( https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=n.....t+bag ) to keep them in.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 4:30 pm
I've seen different versions of this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....8ASGQ

animeme

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 6:56 pm
I imagine you don't always have all 10 hangers. I agree with putting the next day's clothes on their hangers on a hook the night before.

cbg

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 7:42 pm
Would something like this work on a hook
http://www.yourstoreonline.net.....oofiw

be good

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 11:39 pm
My girls can't reach their closet. I keep their uniforms in it, but have a hook for each of them, and hang one shirt and one skirt for each on their hook the night before.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 2:55 am
Try to find that type of bar they have outside some dressing rooms. Either straight or angled down with little knobs to separate the hangars.
Tiered hangars can go on a single hook but hold four skirts or six shirts.

momaleh

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 3:42 am
be good wrote:
My girls can't reach their closet. I keep their uniforms in it, but have a hook for each of them, and hang one shirt and one skirt for each on their hook the night before.

I do this as well. They don't need to stay on hangers and look clean and fresh regardless.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 3:05 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
My mother has a thing that hooks on the. Back of the door of the room that has about 8 holes to hang about hangers worth of stuff

Sounds great. do you know where I can buy something like that? a link? I can't even imagine what it looks like.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 3:09 pm
thanks all..I found some items on amazon that might work
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics