Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Recommendation for best air purifier/filter/cleaner

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 10:30 am
I am constantly being assaulted by smells coming from my neighbors: bleach, weed, cigarette smoke, laundry detergent, housecleaning products, etc.

I've been using air filters around the house and they're not doing it for me. Each filter is bet. $150 and $250.

Would a more expensive air purifier give me the clean air I'm looking for?

If yes, would you have a recommendation?

TIA

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 10:37 am
Don't know as I personally didn't try one yet but there was a very nice article written up in the Wellsprings health magazine that came along with the Ami magazine 2 weeks ago. See if you can get a copy of that. Was a very positive review about a specific purifier with different personal experiences included.

-Btw, I have no affiliation with it! Just thought it sounded very good, was a well explained article.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 10:40 am
Is the magazine available online?

It's not sold here.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 4:31 pm
Yes I see they have a website wellspringmagazine.com.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 4:45 pm
Blue Air. The best. They are not cheap. We got them on a friend's recommendation when we moved to a house where we were all getting sick all the time even though the house was cleaned thoroughly over and over and inspected for mold, mildew, etc. and nothing turned up. Within 24 hours of plugging these filters in, we all got better and stayed better.

MyUsername

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 7:08 am
Get one that has both a Hepa filter (to filter out the smallest particles) and a carbon filter (to neutralize odors and some chemicals which the Hepa filter won't).

Furthermore, make sure you get one that is appropriate for the space it is in - some are for small rooms, some are for large rooms, etc. If the one you have is not meant for the space, it won't be effective even if it's an excellent air cleaner in general.

Beyond that, I'm not sure the specific brand matters so much - I've never noticed a significant difference between different brands.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics