Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Photographer- model question

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 10:46 am
Im a photographer, and I am looking for models. anyone know a reputable agency? or any other way I can get a hold of a model? I need women and children.
I am in Lakewood

thanks in advance!

PAMOM

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 11:34 am
Since this request is often a ploy to seduce or attack unsuspecting women, you may not get many answers without more information. What do you need the models for? Where will the pictures be taken? Can a third party be present? How much are you offering to pay? I'm NOT saying your a sketchy man, just that your posting may push warning buttons.

You can call call art departments at local colleges to get names of professors teaching studio art classes. They will be able to direct you to places to get models and give you an idea of model fees.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 11:36 am
Look on Instagram.
Do you have an Instagram account?

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 11:40 am
Post on Facebook or Instagram WITH a link to your website or Instagram so people see you are a photographer, and what type.
If you're posting here you'd better post under your sn and with a link to your site because you're going to get complaints and you'll be reported.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 11:42 am
amother wrote:
Post on Facebook or Instagram WITH a link to your website or Instagram so people see you are a photographer, and what type.
If you're posting here you'd better post under your sn and with a link to your site because you're going to get complaints and you'll be reported.

why would she get reported?

shes not asking for models, shes asking how to get models, which is a very good question. just like all questions on imamother

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
Im a photographer, and I am looking for models. anyone know a reputable agency? or any other way I can get a hold of a model? I need women and children.
I am in Lakewood

thanks in advance!

are you looking for models to build your portfolio, or are you looking for models for a commercial photoshoot?

How do you plan to compensate them?

Are you looking for professional models? becuase they need to be paid:

first site that comes to mind is modelmayhem.com.

for child models, there are a few reputable agencies.. Wilhelmina, Generation, Zuri (based in NYC)

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 11:49 am
Do you specifically want Jewish models? I know of one jewish young woman who advertises on Instagram. But there are so many non jewish ones on Instagram. All over. You have to know how to go through it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 11:51 am
PAMOM wrote:
Since this request is often a ploy to seduce or attack unsuspecting women, you may not get many answers without more information. What do you need the models for? Where will the pictures be taken? Can a third party be present? How much are you offering to pay? I'm NOT saying your a sketchy man, just that your posting may push warning buttons.

You can call call art departments at local colleges to get names of professors teaching studio art classes. They will be able to direct you to places to get models and give you an idea of model fees.

in my experience, people are more often suspicious when the photographer is a male.
I know this from male and female photographers, im not making this up.

also, having a solid portfolio you can direct them to also will help but potential models at ease. (if they have any reservations)

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 12:45 pm
Why don't you contact a modeling agency?

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
why would she get reported?

shes not asking for models, shes asking how to get models, which is a very good question. just like all questions on imamother

I agree that it's a good question and I did not say that OP has poor intentions.
There is such a thing as predators asking for models on social media, getting in touch, requesting pics or skype dates and they are in fact not photographers at all.
Because of this, and because OP posted anonymously with no link to her work, antennae could go up. I believe she will get much more assistance when people have reassurance that she is a photographer.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 11:48 pm
Op here
Sorry if I came off sketchy! I just don't want ppl who know me IRL to know my screen name here...
I do mainly product photography but I've been getting requests for clothing to be shown on a model.
I wasn't sure if model mayhem was a reputable site.
Right now I need a little boy for kids pants.
It doesn't need to be a Jewish boy.
Does anyone have experience working with a model? Where did u get from?
I'm not a real instagram user. How do I search there!
Thanks!

rdmom

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 1:12 am
The question is. How do you pay them? I also work in the industry. I work with an agency of sorts. These kids are aspiring models and they do work for building their portfolio. But they either get paid in product or money. Not tons cuz they still don't work for a modeling agency. But they do like either some compensation or exposure.

What can you provide.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 7:42 am
It's so interesting to see this here, because I was thinking of signing up to agencies for my son to be a model.

I was also looking for a photographer, because I sell kids clothing and I wanted to take pictures of a model wearing the clothing.

Anyway, if you PM me, and I see youre legitimate, I can send you pictures of my son and you can see if you like him for your photo shoot. I have been told by many that he looks like a model.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:13 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It's so interesting to see this here, because I was thinking of signing up to agencies for my son to be a model.

I was also looking for a photographer, because I sell kids clothing and I wanted to take pictures of a model wearing the clothing.

Anyway, if you PM me, and I see youre legitimate, I can send you pictures of my son and you can see if you like him for your photo shoot. I have been told by many that he looks like a model.

Do you sell your own line of kids clothing? Or other companies?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:19 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Do you sell your own line of kids clothing? Or other companies?

Other companies

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
I agree that it's a good question and I did not say that OP has poor intentions.
There is such a thing as predators asking for models on social media, getting in touch, requesting pics or skype dates and they are in fact not photographers at all.
Because of this, and because OP posted anonymously with no link to her work, antennae could go up. I believe she will get much more assistance when people have reassurance that she is a photographer.

I get u.

but if she posts under her sn and gives a link to her work shes outing who she is.

lose lose?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:51 am
amother wrote:
Op here
Sorry if I came off sketchy! I just don't want ppl who know me IRL to know my screen name here...
I do mainly product photography but I've been getting requests for clothing to be shown on a model.
I wasn't sure if model mayhem was a reputable site.
Right now I need a little boy for kids pants.
It doesn't need to be a Jewish boy.
Does anyone have experience working with a model? Where did u get from?
I'm not a real instagram user. How do I search there!
Thanks!

I know model mayhem for adults.. not sure about kids.

I have experience working with models. some were from the agencies mentioned above.. others were through casting calls.. or I reached out to them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics