Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Please share healthy eating/cooking information
Previous  1  2

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 6:07 pm
I like to eat healthy but every other day their saying something else about foods...

beth allen

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 6:22 pm
I have been able to lose weight and reduce both my cholesterol and triglycerides (by approximately 70%) by changing the way I eat. Previously, I tried almost every diet, but they didn't offer any long term results. I lost weight, but my cholesterol and triglycerides didn't fluctuate. The diet/lifestyle that produced my current results is the Nutritarian diet. Be aware that all oil is fattening (120 calories per tablespoon). It is better to eat nuts, seeds, and avocados for fat sources since these are loaded with nutrients compared to any oil. The yummy recipes that I follow are in the back of Dr.Fuhrman's books and on his website. The main idea is to eat high nutrient foods that satisfy you and make you healthier. I wish you hatzlacha.
https://www.drfuhrman.com/lear.....arted

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 10:24 pm
I love to learn new things too. And I've learnt so so much these past few months, ever since I started my chemical free diet. I'm very limited. Was always dairy intolerance, so that's out. Even though I crave it. And I mean really crave it. Will cheat here and there. I do not eat anything thats artificial. Or like a poster above said if can't identify the ingredients. I Try to eat only organic eggs, no fish. They have too much Mercury. Only wild cought fresh. Nothing canned. Try to avoid gluten. But I eat spelt only. Oats are junk. Only if you buy organic gluten free. ( found a good recipe for cookies using oat flour. Planning to make it next wk)
Vegetables that are sprayed with pesticides are bad. Even if peeled. Try to buy organic or wash with special spray. Or soak in grape seed extract. Grapes are not good. Has too much something. I forgot what. Basically it's knowing what goes into your body. I was also told Ready lettuce is too clean to eat. Washed with chemicals. Also celery.
I'm looking for breakfast ideas asap. Bored of eggs and avocado. Anyone?

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
I love to learn new things too. And I've learnt so so much these past few months, ever since I started my chemical free diet. I'm very limited. Was always dairy intolerance, so that's out. Even though I crave it. And I mean really crave it. Will cheat here and there. I do not eat anything thats artificial. Or like a poster above said if can't identify the ingredients. I Try to eat only organic eggs, no fish. They have too much Mercury. Only wild cought fresh. Nothing canned. Try to avoid gluten. But I eat spelt only. Oats are junk. Only if you buy organic gluten free. ( found a good recipe for cookies using oat flour. Planning to make it next wk)
Vegetables that are sprayed with pesticides are bad. Even if peeled. Try to buy organic or wash with special spray. Or soak in grape seed extract. Grapes are not good. Has too much something. I forgot what. Basically it's knowing what goes into your body. I was also told Ready lettuce is too clean to eat. Washed with chemicals. Also celery.
I'm looking for breakfast ideas asap. Bored of eggs and avocado. Anyone?

What type of dairy intolerance do you have? I use organic milk and yogurt to make my own lactose-free yogurt. I either sweeten with honey and eat like that or use it to make a fruit smoothie for breakfast.

HealthCoach

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 11:22 pm
I was eating 3 tbsp coconut oil a day and my ldl and Hdl and triglycerides were amazing off the charts. I ate zero grains etc or sugar etc, so I would not give coconut oil to my kids because I don't know affect of coconut oil with other junk, but if someone is low carb I can see from my own personal experience that coconut oil is healthy.

mandksima

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 5:46 pm
Mitzvah Giraffe wrote:
I was eating 3 tbsp coconut oil a day and my ldl and Hdl and triglycerides were amazing off the charts. I ate zero grains etc or sugar etc, so I would not give coconut oil to my kids because I don't know affect of coconut oil with other junk, but if someone is low carb I can see from my own personal experience that coconut oil is healthy.

Coconut oil definitely does raise the good cholesterol HDL! Mine went from really low at 19 to 71 in a short time. My triglycerides fell into the normal range too. LDL stayed high but I read that it is necessary for women to have a higher number than the medical association states. Low cholesterol is equated with poorer health. More and more, the cholesterol myth is being debunked. I am reading that the numbers are misleading and they don't give an accurate picture of the health of the body. Eating healthy (I find a whole foods/Paleo diet the most healthy for me) with moderate exercise is the best you can do. Take nature's drugs instead of statins which have proven to be very harmful. Work on gut health which is the key to great overall health in every part of the body.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking