Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o mesila
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
Budgeting helps....

when there is money to budget

In a home where there is a mentally ill husband, often a string of events leads to diagnosis. I know I had no clue at all about his mental illness, the meaning or the ramifications of it. Until I realized that my experiences were out of the norm

Being financially in the red once twice thrice no matter what comes as part of one of the cues

Now when you are trying to right a sinking boat your not in the best position to equip the boat not to sink

At that time you need help to get the boat afloat

Now once the boat is afloat you need a person to steer that boat carefully. If there is one careless and and one careful person on the boat the careful person will now be tasked to steer the boat but won't be available for much else.

In many homes where one spouse is mentally ill there just isn't enough money to budget! The family needs handouts just to survive! And loads of hugs

Hope that explains
I am the amother who asked about budgeting and mentally ill spouse.
I guess every household is different. Our household is very different than you are describing. And my husband is mentally ill. But no two people are the same, so, thats why this doesnt sound at all like our home.
But I understand your answer.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 5:10 pm
I haven't read every post, but as a Trained Mesila Family Coach I would just like to add in my two cents.

For starters, Mesila is not for those in abject poverty. It is for families with an income that are struggling.

Secondly, even if someone does require handouts, Mesila will help them budget that money better and find ways to help them distribute funds more efficiently.

sourstix

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 9:46 pm
Poster above can you give me a number who to reach for mesila in Lakewood? A coach , I'm willing to pay? To mustard amother

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 10:45 am
I realize this is an old thread but I have a question for amother mustard- would you mind telling me what training you got and and how long did it take? I'm currently communicating with mesila but we might end up just doing something on our own since our community might be too small for them so I was wondering what was involved.

Also what exactly do you do as a coach? Do you "manage" their money at the beginning, taking care of their mortgage etc. and giving them an allowance (someone I know said that's how a financial adviser she worked with dealt with it) or is it purely "education" and they then have to manage their money on their own.

Thank you!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics