Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
URGENT: Best and fastest way to get rid of roaches.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 12:58 am
I live in an apt building that has an incinerator and I'm like 10 feet away from the incinerator room. The management is pretty lax about exterminating and there are constantly stray roaches in the hallway. I didn't have such a big problem, I only saw a few occasionally in my home.

I went away for over a week and left the house spic and span and found a community of roaches!! My couch is pretty close to the door (exterior door opens into living room) and it seems like they formed nests there. I tried raid, combat boxes and syringes. Sprayed all cracks and woodwork, vacuum every night and I see roaches of all sizes constantly!! This has been going on for almost a month and I constantly see more and more babies and they'reven spreading into kitchen and bathroom. Help! I feel like my family is outnumbered by them hundred fold. I think I should charge them rent!!! Every morning we go around killing ten of them. My kids are constantly freaking out!

Forgot to say tried boric acid. Is there anything else except for bombing? I'm pregnant and it's not an option.

Thanks

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:55 am
Try using diatomaceous earth on where you believe the entranceway is, as well as any pathways you think they are going on. Diatomaceous earth dries out insect exoskeletons; they start dying several days after they are exposed. It is totally safe for humans. (Get food-grade diatomaceous earth, not because you're going to eat the stuff, but that is of a finer consistency and not likely to irritate lungs.)

You can get a 1 lb. bag for $8 https://www.amazon.com/Root-Na.....31KR8 or a 10 lb. bag for $22. The 1 lb. bag is plenty. You want to use a very small amount; it should be lightly dusted over the surfaces. It's helpful, actually, to use a blower to dust it onto surfaces. If you pile it on, it will not work, because insects avoid it.

MyUsername

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 4:05 am
Call an exterminator and ask what your options are.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 4:08 am
Been there done that! The only thing that works is hire your own exterminator. A good one! At one point I even had to bomb my kitchen. It was work and $ was I dont regret the day. Today, I have the exterminator come every 4 weeks to prevent another infestation. It costs me $45 but I'd rather pay $45 a month than live with roaches.

rsmey

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 6:20 am
We had a terrible case of roaches in our kitchen that we tried for months to get rid of on our own. My husband even fumigated the whole kitchen in the summer while we were in the country. They kept coming back. I finally called an exterminator. He put some stuff around, took him like 20 minutes, charged $160 and they were gone! I saw a few over the next couple of days, but that's it! It was so strange. I regret all those months of struggling with it, trying to do it on my own. It affected my quality of life so much. Just call a professional. It's worth the money. If you want, pm me for the phone number of the guy I used.

naomi2

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 6:22 am
Get an exterminator

miami85

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 7:44 am
Even better and fast! Advion!! We were at the point where it was beginning to be a real problem. It worked SO fast--like a week total and we haven't had a single roach until maybe yesterday--and that would make it over a year.

It's on Amazon
Advion Amzon

Without the nasty chemicals of an exterminator and it works fast and even works to kill the nest! We ordered 4 tubes and used maybe 1/2 of one and then we didn't need anymore so gave it to someone else who did.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 5:37 pm
I second advion
I had a problem and it was gone 5 days after starting to use this
Just be careful with kids around as with any of these products

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 5:39 pm
Lentek pest contol. You plug it in the wall and they hate the noise it makes which only the roaches can hear.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 5:43 pm
yikes. I wonder if you live in my old apartment building.

miami85

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
I second advion
I had a problem and it was gone 5 days after starting to use this
Just be careful with kids around as with any of these products

We put it in cracks and crevices--places where the kids had no access.

Oh, and don't sweep up the dead roaches right away, b/c the roaches feed off the dead ones and bring it back to the nest so it kills out the nest.

shirtsandskirts

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 7:11 pm
maxforce gel and traps. We tried many things before, they were the only ones that really worked. we haven't seen a roach since.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 7:33 pm
I actually put the advion out at night on index cards that were numbered.
In the morning I made sure I collected all of them and threw them away- this way I was able to put them in places I had seen the roaches come to.

I really recommend using this product
I tried so so many things before we found this product- I was losing my sanity!
This was three yrs ago and bh we have been clear since
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics