Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What's your husbands job?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 1:04 am
amother wrote:
Can I ask what area of law he practices?

Mostly Real estate

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 2:50 am
Carmen Luna wrote:
I think the title says it all. I'm curious as I see some women write that their dh pull an income of 50k, was wondering what they do..
I"ll start. My dh sells life insurance

Same here. Since its a commission based job, we have no idea how much he will make any given year. He only recently started and the first year he pulled in about 50k, but he doubled it by now. However, I can't be sure he will make this much (our more) any given year. Also, he gets pretty decent benefits.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:39 pm
Odd jobs, makes 15-20K a year.
I work 2 jobs plus overtime and we're barely scraping by, it's very very difficult.
I dream of him having a real job, but he doesn't have the capabilities or the drive

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:06 pm
Physician Assistant, 85k
Wow, I'm blown away by some of the high numbers here.

jayjays

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:16 pm
Self employed, owner of medical waste company. $150k net
Growing company and get members distribution of profits at year end (increases significantly every year bH)

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:34 pm
Low voltage
Workes for employer by day and self employed after hours. About $90k
No benifits or vacation. Yom tov paid

His hrs are 7am untill 10 regularly some days longer. There are times he can pull all nighters
He also has to travel
Motzaei shabbos and sundays are days on

We have two children pay full tuition
We BH have a house and enough food to eat but there is no extra money

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
Safrus/Manages a rental unit/stay at home parent. 15k but saves us a ton of money. BH I have a job I like that pays decently.

What does he bring in just from sofros? I feel like my husband has potential to earn about 40k but its probably about half. Sad he does have flexibility so that helps but OTOH its probably his biggest shter... I work p/t.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 1:09 am
375K Singer

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 3:12 am
amother wrote:
Dh comes home at 12 am many many nights. We have zex 1-2 am after talking about our day. Friday he come home by the zman and we usually have relations that night too. It's possible.

My DH also works very long hours and is away some weekends. This is a big issue for us. We do okay financially, I'm not complaining, but we are not wealthy. I work two part time jobs and have no household help. We are both very tired at the end of a day and even though we do try to talk about our day (I try to stay awake until he returns from work most nights) either one or both of us is way too tired to even think of being intimate.

I assume that if I didn't work and had help at home things would be different.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 3:50 am
amother wrote:
375K Singer

R u SRS? He must be one of the big names; most have second jobs...

Unless u mean a chuppah/wedding singer?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 8:28 am
Retail (eyeglasses) - 25k

I don't work as I am still in school.

For reference, our rent is $750, and his job has been slashing hours so no, we are not making ends meet.

B"H he got a new sales job that starts this month. They told him in the interview to expect 70k after commissions.

I graduate this year and can reasonably expect 45k to start.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 9:38 am
Software developer, about 120k

DVOM

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 9:51 am
Grad school student, so makes 0 dollars right now Sad I work full time and make around 90K, with loads of flexibility and benefits. When my husband graduates (still about 3 years to go) he will make around 100k starting salary with alot of room for growth.

skee

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 2:05 pm
DVOM wrote:
Grad school student, so makes 0 dollars right now Sad I work full time and make around 90K, with loads of flexibility and benefits. When my husband graduates (still about 3 years to go) he will make around 100k starting salary with alot of room for growth.

Can I ask what you do?

DVOM

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 2:39 pm
I'm a clinical social worker with post graduate training in attachment focused family therapy.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 3:44 pm
DVOM wrote:

What's he studying?

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
What does he bring in just from sofros? I feel like my husband has potential to earn about 40k but its probably about half. Sad he does have flexibility so that helps but OTOH its probably his biggest shter... I work p/t.

He has made different amounts over the years. When we were newly married he worked for another sofer doing repairs of sifrei torah. He was making around 2k a month which was great for our needs then. We had some life circumstances and more kids and he was getting frustrated with his employer so we switched and I took a full time job and he works on his own schedule and does the child care. He does mostly mezuzah checking which is not lucrative. He wants to branch out so we are working on how to make that happen. If your husband writes well he can write megillos that sell for 1,000 or tefillin. Some people will pay for nice mehudar mezuzos but plenty chintz out.

vet techy

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:
Retail (eyeglasses) - 25k

I don't work as I am still in school.

For reference, our rent is $750, and his job has been slashing hours so no, we are not making ends meet.

B"H he got a new sales job that starts this month. They told him in the interview to expect 70k after commissions.

I graduate this year and can reasonably expect 45k to start.

Could I ask where you are located?
My brother has a wholesale eye wear business and is looking for a sales rep in the USA.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 5:17 pm
City worker. $80k
I'm a sahm

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:07 pm
My husband's an electrician, I work part time, we bring in around 50k combined, we have 4 kids in school, # 5 on the way.... he gets no vacation or benefits, no we do not make ends meet, we go by month to month, we do get government benefits. I'm waiting for the day he takes the plunge and opens his own business, but he doesn't have the drive for work....life's hard.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics