Home

PLEASE HELP! need a story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Cobalt

Post  Sun, Jan 08 2017, 1:41 am
My daughters class is having a morning of surprise guests. So they asked me to come.
I thought it was a cute idea until the Morah said please talk to the girls for 5 -10 minutes about kol yisrael arevim ze le za or ahavat yisrael. She is trying to work on all the girls being nice to each other and loving each other.
um what?
I want to do it but I am not the teacher type.
I need a really good story. The girls are in 5th grade.
Anyone have a really good story about girls that age?

PinkFridge

Post  Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:04 am
No story offhand, but if you have access to books:
Loving Kindness by Rabbi Greenwald
The Rabbi Yosef Weiss Visions of Greatness series and Rabbi Krohn books have indexes. Some of the other story collections might too but I can't remember off hand.

Hatzlacha!

(Just to say that right now I am feeling paralyzed by the news of the truck attack in Yerushalayim and may this be a zechus for a refuah shleima for all who are injured, and may the positive energy this create somehow bring nechama to the families of the kedoshim.)

cm

Post  Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:19 am
Let the teacher know that you feel uncomfortable, and ask her to recommend an activity.

imasinger

Post  Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:22 am
You don't have to be a teacher type. Just share from your life.

Can you think of any story from your own experience where someone reached out to someone else and made a difference?
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children