Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Remodeling Need appliance recommendations, help

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 8:20 am
I'm moving into a new house and redoing the whole kitchen.
I have a large budget, been saving for years, and I have a large space, since I can take part of the den, for the kitchen. The kitchen and den is open design.
The kitchen is the only remodeling I will be doing.
I will be meeting with the kitchen designer next week.

All appliances must be electric. There is NO gas in the city. It's not allowed to be installed in the gated community.

Things I need/want
2 wall ovens (I like the look of wall ovens)
1 - 2 warming drawers
2 cooktops
2 sinks
2 hot water dispensers
2 food disposals
A large refrigerator
A large freezer
1-2 dishwashers

I like the panel ready built in look, but is it worth the expense.

Is a sub-zero fridge really worth it.

I'm very practical, and prefer functionality and best price over looks.

What brand do you recommend for these appliances.
Please tell me how old your appliance is since many manufacturers have changed their quality

Am I leaving anything out.

What are other things in your kitchen that you love/can't live without.
Special cabinets, islands, cabinet accessories like pots drawers etc.
Need practicality, functional kitchen.
I'm all day in my kitchen now.

Today, I live in a rental that has very cheap appliances. They were brand new when I moved in. Almost all of them had to be replaced or massively fixed in 8 yrs time.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:34 pm
BUMP

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 7:15 am
I really would like info before I go to the store and get pushed into a certain brand.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 9:19 pm
I really would like info before I go to the store and get pushed into a certain brand.

trixx

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 12:13 am
Search past threads, use Google, and maybe update your post title to something more specific

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 10:19 am
Is it worth to buy a subzero?
Is the quality worth paying triple+

mommish613

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 10:25 am
try buying from a reputable appliance store- town appliance etc where they have experience in the frum market and know what works best. Frum people have different usage than other populations so if u got to a big brand store like Sears you may not get an accurate opinion for your needs. There are also always rebate programs that they help you with-if you buy a certain amount of appliances from one brand etc..

Lastly, speak to them about purchasing a warranty. Especially on your ovens. Frum people tend to overuse their appliances I.e. leaving ovens on for a 3 day yom Tov so a warranty may be a very worthwhile investment

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 10:31 am
mommish613 wrote:
try buying from a reputable appliance store- town appliance etc where they have experience in the frum market and know what works best. Frum people have different usage than other populations so if u got to a big brand store like Sears you may not get an accurate opinion for your needs. There are also always rebate programs that they help you with-if you buy a certain amount of appliances from one brand etc..

Lastly, speak to them about purchasing a warranty. Especially on your ovens. Frum people tend to overuse their appliances I.e. leaving ovens on for a 3 day yom Tov so a warranty may be a very worthwhile investment

I don't live where there are frum appliance stores, only big box stores, Sears, Homedepot, Lowes, etc.

lizard8

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:14 am
I bought my appliances by Town Appliance in Lakewood. They were very helpful with advice and helped me with my options.

I have the Frigidaire full fridge and full freezer (they are sold separately) put together with a trim kit. It is the same idea as the sub zero but much cheaper. The freezer is much bigger too. There is another company that makes the same idea, but I liked this inside better (it was cheaper too)

I am very happy with my GE cafe double oven.

Dishwashers are Bosch. Town says those have been getting the best cleaning reviews. However, after cleaning you have to be careful to open the door so it doesn't smell.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:29 am
[quote="lizard8"]I bought my appliances by Town Appliance in Lakewood. They were very helpful with advice and helped me with my options.

I have the Frigidaire full fridge and full freezer (they are sold separately) put together with a trim kit. It is the same idea as the sub zero but much cheaper. The freezer is much bigger too. There is another company that makes the same idea, but I liked this inside better (it was cheaper too)

I am very happy with my GE cafe double oven.

Dishwashers are Bosch. Town says those have been getting the best cleaning reviews. However, after cleaning you have to be careful to open the door so it doesn't smell.[/quote

I don't live anywhere near Lakewood, plane ride away.

How long have you had your Fridgidaire. Are you happy with the quality?
How does it compare with the subzero, quality wise? Are the bins and drawers good quality?

Currently I have a GE refrigerator and freezer. I have the one with French doors. The French door broke 2x, and all the bins are broken.
I am very careful, it's just very poor quality. Also the ice maker is very small and takes a long time to make ice.

I also have the GE range with warming drawer. The glass shattered after I put it to self clean.

This is are talking and the landlord took care of the range, not the fridge. I'm afraid to buy GE, since I've had terrible luck.

As far as dishwasher, I do want that appliance to be built in cabinet ready to have seamless look. Also the fridge, but it may be out of my budget.

thanks

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:29 am
Figidaire makes a counter depth fridge and freezer that are a fraction of the price of the subzero. I have it, and I love it.

iyar

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:54 am
amother wrote:
I don't live where there are frum appliance stores, only big box stores, Sears, Homedepot, Lowes, etc.

I don't know where you live, but like mommish told you- town appliance (lakewood) is excellent. They give great advice on appliances and have great prices. (I've had bad experiences with other frum appliance stores that I won't name.) Town has had appliances shipped for me where I needed them. Definitely worth a call. If they can accommodate you, you won't regret it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen