Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Submissions to binah-mishpacha-ami
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 9:42 am
Honestly I tried all three and find the Mishpacha to be many levels above the other two.
The Bina's layout is nice very similar to Mishpacha but the reading material isn't anything special.
The Ami has some interesting articles (not always) but the layout (font, graphics) are very poor imh, that it makes it much harder to read.
Mishpacha has both beautiful graphics and really interesting articles

blossoming

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 9:48 am
I just today subscribed to Hamodia, what is it like compard to Mishpacha - Ami and Bina

sky

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 9:54 am
I like the Hamodia. Hamodia I think has a lot more quality contents than the others

vs Bina - Bina isn't a news magazine. Hamodia has much more news, less women type articles and is geared to the whole family.

vs Ami - I think the Hamodia has less of an agenda when presenting the news. Ami also has some articles in all 3 magazines I'd rather my kids not read. Hamodia presents taboo family issues, in a much more sensitive, thought out way, IMO. Hamodia also contains media from other news outlets (AP, Washington Post, etc) so you are reading articles from a variety of sources.

I don't regularly read the Mishpacha so I don't have an opinion.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:56 pm
blossoming wrote:
I just today subscribed to Hamodia, what is it like compard to Mishpacha - Ami and Bina

I second what Sky says.
Ami will practically cover topical issues more than Binah, but not being a newspaper you won't get the same coverage.
Hamodia's Inyan has really developed into something substantial, and there's meat in the other sections too.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:58 pm
It seems this thread was not about subscriptions, but rather about submissions. It is geared to writers who want to see themselves published, for pay or not. Why is everyone suddenly writing about the magazines they subscribe to?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 1:18 pm
Chayalle wrote:
It seems this thread was not about subscriptions, but rather about submissions. It is geared to writers who want to see themselves published, for pay or not. Why is everyone suddenly writing about the magazines they subscribe to?

embarrassed
Guilty as charged. Sometimes I just read, hit reply then send, and forget the context.
Maybe we can have some cleaning up, separating, or anyone who wants to continue that conversation can start a spinoff.

blossoming

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 1:23 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
embarrassed
Guilty as charged. Sometimes I just read, hit reply then send, and forget the context.
Maybe we can have some cleaning up, separating, or anyone who wants to continue that conversation can start a spinoff.

I'm also guilty, I didn't realize it was 8 pages old, since all I did was read JMM's post on the top of the page. I would love to start a spinoff, though I'm nervous it will cause bashing or LH. If anyone wan'ts to start one, please do.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 2:12 pm
amother wrote:
What's the Binah submissions process like at the moment?

Last I checked the process is basically the same as it has been for the past couple years. Send in your submission or query- you'll get an automated reply that will direct you to the correct email for each section in the mag- for example if you're submitting a poem you will then forward your submission to afterthoughts@binah etc.....good luck!!

And re which mag is "best", I think different strokes for different folks....lots of people will love one and hate another...which is why its so great we have lots of options now!

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 5:51 pm
--

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
Last I checked the process is basically the same as it has been for the past couple years. Send in your submission or query- you'll get an automated reply that will direct you to the correct email for each section in the mag- for example if you're submitting a poem you will then forward your submission to afterthoughts@binah etc.....good luck!!

And re which mag is "best", I think different strokes for different folks....lots of people will love one and hate another...which is why its so great we have lots of options now!

Thanks. What if my submission doesn't fit any of the options?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:24 am
From what I hear Binah mostly rejects newbies right off the bat. I know published writers that have gotten in everywhere but Binah.

Is there a magazine that is easier for newbies to get into?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:44 am
I really think it depends on the style of writing. I have a bunch of writer friends who found it easiest to break into Binah when they were first starting out ( not that long ago) . If the content and style fits what they are looking for then they definitely consider newbie submissions.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 5:38 pm

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:

What exactly is it you'd like to know?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 8:11 pm
amother wrote:
What exactly is it you'd like to know?

My guess is she changed her mind but having posted, and posted as amother, she couldn't delete.
If I get a like, assume it's from linen.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room