Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Condos...

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 7:45 am
I am IYH moving to one soon. I want to be a Good neighbor...
What should I know before the move? What to expect? Thanks!

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 7:55 am
Go in saying that you will let things go and won't fight. I've seen neighbors who live in the same complex walk by each other in the hallway and ignore each other for years because they fought over noise, garbage collection, chipping in and the like. Sad
If you see something you don't like, want something specific, take care of it yourself.
Want a special mat for the hallway? Buy it. Don't make everyone chip in for something small. Want the hallway cleaned? Do the portion you want cleaned yourself every week. See garbage outside and it bothers you? Pick it up. Just be easy going and not a difficult neighbor.
If you have a hard time with noise, spend extra on soundproofing and insulation.
Of course, if you all agree to hire someone to take care of all the maintenance and who will collect the money themselves each month that is the best way but no always what others agree to.
If you go in with the right attitude and frame of mind, it can be wonderful! So nice to live with good neighbors and have people for the kids to play with and you guys can help each other out.
We moved in and I bought a mat for outside that I wanted. I realized the hallway wasn't getting cleanings so I just started do the hallway up to my 2nd floor myself even though that included the main area. It's an extra 15 minutes each week, not worth making sure everything is divided evenly. And bh the others have been pretty good too bh. We tried to divide putting out and putting back the garbage cans. Sometimes somebody forgot and if somebody else saw they just did it an extra time. Much better this way.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:21 am
Try to be tolerant of other peoples noise (if their kids are playing in the halls and ect...) as much as you can. Then people will likely try to be accommodating if there are any times that you really need quite. (if you don't have kids or their really young, soon enough they'll be older...)

SYA

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:27 am
Kids shouldn't play in the hallway after 7 pm, when others may be putting their kids to sleep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating