Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
ISO Sabbath Mode double wall oven

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 3:15 pm
Maybe someone here can help me figure this out

Does anyone have a double wall oven that both top and bottom can be on Sabbath mode at the same time?

Can they be be on different temperatures?

-OR-

Do I need to purchase 2 Seperate single ovens?

I have space.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 3:30 pm
I have a kitchenaid free standing double oven gas range, and I'm assuming the same one in the wall version operates similarly.

I absolutely love the oven. Both the upper and lower oven operate independently. They can both be put on sabbath mode at different temperatures, and I can even keep them on different cook times so on Friday night I can have them shutting off at different optimal points based on the food, time, and temperature.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 3:53 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I have a kitchenaid free standing double oven gas range, and I'm assuming the same one in the wall version operates similarly.

I absolutely love the oven. Both the upper and lower oven operate independently. They can both be put on sabbath mode at different temperatures, and I can even keep them on different cook times so on Friday night I can have them shutting off at different optimal points based on the food, time, and temperature.

Thanks Nicole,
My oven will need to be electric.
Questions
1. Does your oven have a blue interior?
Does it self clean well?

2. On time bake, does the signal shut off or keep ringing? I'm assuming the signal shuts off because you do this for Fri night.

3. Are you happy with the quality.
I read some reviews that said when they put the oven on self clean the glass shattered???
I would freak out if that happened.

4. On sabbath mode, for yom Tov, is the temperature set by arrows, or by number pad?

I really would appreciate answers to these questions.

Someone recommended 2 Seperate wall ovens with Seperate controls just in case Ihave a problem with one, I can use the other, instead of both ovens being out of order.

I'm planning to make one for "meat" and one "parve". I get a lot of vegan guests that would appreciate this, especially my vegan DD.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 4:10 pm
1. It has a blue interior. I've never self cleaned it because in general I've heard it's not good to do with all the newer ovens. Mine is still new and I plan on only using the self clean once yearly.

2. There's no beep on Friday night. The display shows cook time 00:00 and sabbath mode and it stays like that until I deactivate it on Saturday night.

3. I'm happy. Again, I haven't self cleaned and am wary of that feature in general, but aside from that I've been super happy with the features. My bread also rises better in the oven on the proofing temperature than it ever has before. It's been super convenient to cook on 2 different temperatures and to keep an oven pareve.

4. The temperature is set by the number pad. You don't enter the temperature, but rather press 1 for 170, 2 for 200, 3 for 225, etc up to 450. There's a scrolling banner continually reminding you of what to press. With my old oven, I always lost track of the temperature and sometimes burned things.

cm

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 4:40 pm
I have had an electric GE double wall oven for about 15 years. No complaints, except that I have the up/down arrows and it would be a little easier to change the temp with a numerical keypad, but this isn't exactly hard. Top and bottom run separately. You cannot self-clean both at the same time, however.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:06 am
BUMP

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:03 am
cm wrote:
I have had an electric GE double wall oven for about 15 years. No complaints, except that I have the up/down arrows and it would be a little easier to change the temp with a numerical keypad, but this isn't exactly hard. Top and bottom run separately. You cannot self-clean both at the same time, however.

I have a GE range like this, but can never remember what temp I last used on YT. I have a chart on my fridge with a magnet. I move the magnet everytime I change temp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen