Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bas mitzvah soundtrack?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 10:36 pm
My daughter's bas mitzvah is very soon. We'll be having dancing there and I asked her to come up with a list of songs she likes and then we'd make the soundtrack. It kind of didn't happen.

Is there a CD I can get that's good for this? A new one so would have a lot of new songs ( that's what the kids want). Or if someone is good at this, can you recommend a list of songs (with names of artists) and I can look through what we have, borrow and buy songs and hopefully my son or husband can put it together for us. I don't mind a mix of slow and fast...I can have one soundtrack for during the meal, project etc that's a mix and then pull together a handful of fun, popular songs for the dancing.

Looking for popular mainstream yeshivish stuff. Benny Friedman, Shweky, and all those other new guys that I don't even remember the names lol.Possibly maccabeats or 8th day ok although depends on the song.

Really appreciate your suggestions and I WILL bump this thread 😁

LisaS

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 5:12 am
Ask one of your daughter's classmates if they can give you their playlist. It's too much work for me to start typing up a playlist for you, but if you lived near me I'd be more than happy to hand you a disk-on-key to copy.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 10:14 am
It's a small class and I for various reasons I don't think anyone I'm comfortable asking would have one.

I googled and didn't seem to find a current CD that has a good simcha mix.

So ladies...please at least some suggestions. Who should I look at? I *think* these are some of the current favorites?
Simcha Leiner, Benny Friedman, Mordechai Shapiro, Yaakov Shwekey...any other names you suggest? I'll look through their albums online and hopefully can buy some songs individually somewhere.

Thanks again! Any of your ideas would be helpful...even if they save me a little bit of legwork and at least narrow the scope of what I need to research!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics