Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Looking for Shabbos Seudos in old city

LO

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 8:58 am
Hi, my 10 yr old twin girls and I will be in the old city the first Shabbos of February. We have an apartment without a kitchen that we can use, and we would love to meet people. Would anyone be able to host us for the seudos? We are easy guests, esp because I am in OA and would have to bring my own food.
We are regular Russian/Americans from Lakewood, would be happy to Skype or talk on the phone beforehand if you would feel more comfortable with that...

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Any advice on what we should see/do in the old city on Shabbos? other than the Kosel for kabbalas Shabbos...

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 1:08 pm
I live in the US but I hope you find someplace! You sound like a polite easy guest.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 1:25 pm
Have you tried checking Shabbat.com for that area? Perhaps you could also contact Aish HaTorah or Heritage House, which are located in the Old City and quite experienced with placing their students for Shabbos meals. Explain your situation, and hopefully they could give you a few names and #s to try.

LO

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 9:19 am
Thanks! I will try that but if anyone on here wants to invite us, please let me know. Smile

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 3:30 pm
These are numbers of people passed down from my year in seminary.
Mrs Rogen: 026289443. Her and her husband have collected things for the bais hamikdash ha'shlishi and are very into preparing for mashiach. It was a cool experience!
Try to reach out to pamela klamen. She has an elaborate meal with tons of guests. 026271806
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions