Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Need pasuk for necklace

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:04 am
An aunt from my husbands side of the family who we are very close with has recently helped us out tremendously under a very difficult situation. Aside from thanking her verbally many times I want to purchase for her one of those "bagel"necklaces from Hadaya that have a hebrew quote engraved. Need a suggestion for a quote- ashes chayil fits but it is so overused- any suggestion that would express love/thanks/and you are amazing....

gamanit

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:13 am
Does it have to be a passuk? Why don't you express your thanks again in hebrew?

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:21 am
Can you find out which passuk coordinates with her Hebrew name? It might be very befitting as well.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 1:05 am
On his website, ( http://www.oneofakind-store.com/main.sc ) hadaya has lists of pasuks and verses.

Plus, if you've any English sentiment, they will help you translate it... I have a bracelet inside it says "לעוף, זה ללמוד להשליך את עצמך לקרקע...ולהחטיא"

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 8:43 am
Thanks- I looked at the suggestions on their website- but don't see one that fits.
Does not have to be a pasuk- but my Hebrew is not good enough to make anything sound beautiful the way Israelis do.....
Anyone creative enough to translate something about beauty inside and out and giving spirit , selfless and loving and always being there.....

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 9:47 am
Post your favorite English quote or one that you think that you think fits your aunt here and I'm sure someone will help translate I can try but my Hebrew is not the best either

Seas

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 11:02 am
I know that's not what you asked, but I think it's in place. A posuk doesn't belong on a necklace which is taken everywhere. Nor is it appropriate to use as a sentiment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics