Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need ideas where we can move in Lakewood!!

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 1:09 pm
We've been living in a basement for close to 10 years now and I'm getting sick of living underground. We don't have money to rent or buy a house at this time. We are looking to rent something between $1200 - $1350 a month. Does anyone have any suggestions where we can move in Lakewood? We need 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms and we want something nice & new and that's fully above ground. It can be a first or 2nd floor. We have no major preference where we live in Lakewood. For certain reasons I can't mention, we can't live in Westgate. Any other ideas or we just doomed to live underground until we can afford to pay a lot more money??

sky

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:41 pm
Coventry
Washington Square

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:48 pm
Coventry is probably your best bet. Small townhouses and they're in your price range.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:49 pm
Coventry, Wyndham II

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 3:39 pm
You won't get new for that price.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 3:42 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
Coventry is probably your best bet. Small townhouses and they're in your price range.

Isn't Coventry very old?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:15 pm
Beautiful 3 bedroom town houses in Golfview..

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:33 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Where is Golfview? I never heard of it. Also, Do you know how much the rent is approximately?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:56 pm
amother wrote:
Where is Golfview? I never heard of it. Also, Do you know how much the rent is approximately?

Is that on Joe Parker or New Hampshire (somewhere around there)? If yes, I don't think they have a very classy clientele IYKWIM.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:
Is that on Joe Parker or New Hampshire (somewhere around there)? If yes, I don't think they have a very classy clientele IYKWIM.

I think I know what you mean. I'm just not sure why 'natural mom' recommended it.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 5:07 pm
amother wrote:
Isn't Coventry very old?

There are remodeled units there that are quite nice.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 7:22 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Nooooooo.

(I sincerely hope that was a tongue-in-cheek comment.)

I live near Golf View and it is not a place you'd want to inhabit.

Chesterfield has smaller townhouses but not sure how much the rent is there these days. Otherwise, I second Coventry and Wyndham II.

blossoming flower

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 9:14 pm
I think she meant Lakeview, not Golfview. There's also a small development next door to Lakeview that is turning Jewish. It's supposed to be a nice crowd and nice houses. They are about the same size as Coventry.

There's also Charming Way that's right next to Chesterfield Commons.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:01 am
new is expensive, and doesn't have 3 bedrooms (maybe there are rentals in LakeView or the surrounding areas)? Some coventry houses are fixed up and some are still old inside.

rikki 1

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:12 am
yes, I live in Lakeview and prices are a bit more than your budget but the first row (backs facing Rt 88) don't have basements and may be in budget. ppl are moving in and out of there all the time. yes, Victor/Waterview next door is in the eiruv and has a nice amount of frum ppl. Across the st. is similar three bedrooms only a year old, Ocean Place (not OceanPoint) but don't know if anything available since so new.
What about Queen's Gardens by lexington and 1rst? that's an apartment building, don' know how much they go for.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:21 am
Your best bet would be to go through the Masa umatan to see what is available. There are many pages of rentals listed. You can call and find out the prices. Somebody desperate may be willing to rent for a low price.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 1:29 pm
amother wrote:
Nooooooo.

(I sincerely hope that was a tongue-in-cheek comment.)

I live near Golf View and it is not a place you'd want to inhabit.

Chesterfield has smaller townhouses but not sure how much the rent is there these days. Otherwise, I second Coventry and Wyndham II.

Really??

My former landlord owns 3 units there and offered us a 3 bedroom house and yard for 1100 and will accept HUD.
Otherwise, I'll be forced to go from a nice house and garage and backyard to a little apt near NPGS Lakewood..

rikki 1

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 1:32 pm
If I'm correct Golfview was where the police shooting took place a few years back (police officer shot to death while on duty)...correct me if I'm wrong

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 1:32 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Really??

My former landlord owns 3 units there and offered us a 3 bedroom house and yard for 1100 and will accept HUD.
Otherwise, I'll be forced to go from a nice house and garage and backyard to a little apt near NPGS Lakewood..

Unsavory neighbors, to say the least. I'm afraid to walk near there alone.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 11:58 am
rikki 1 wrote:
yes, I live in Lakeview and prices are a bit more than your budget but the first row (backs facing Rt 88) don't have basements and may be in budget. ppl are moving in and out of there all the time. yes, Victor/Waterview next door is in the eiruv and has a nice amount of frum ppl. Across the st. is similar three bedrooms only a year old, Ocean Place (not OceanPoint) but don't know if anything available since so new.
What about Queen's Gardens by lexington and 1rst? that's an apartment building, don' know how much they go for.

Can you tell me what the neighborhoods are like? What is the crowd like?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating