Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
It's HOT in here

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:20 pm
Our landlord fixed up the basement below our apartment and made those steams that blow heat rather than radiators. Now my apartment is extremely hot because heat travels up before it even reaches that new basement floor. So our new neighbor keeps on the steam on very high. Temperature is now an average of 78' and when I'm cooking it rises much more than 80'. I didn't even put on steam his winter despite yesterday was freezing outside. If I'll leave open the window even a drop we feel the sharp cold from outside but I must do it. While kids are in bed sleeping close to windows that is not an option. So their rooms are very heated and wake up dry and soaking sweat. This is even dangerous. Any solution?

sequoia

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:23 pm
I don't think it's dangerous to open a window when the apartment is well heated! On the contrary, fresh air is good for you. Helps you breathe and sleep better.

A very warm apartment means you can enjoy a comfortable indoor temperature and fresh air in winter. That's a good thing Smile

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:23 pm
Open the windows a crack, and move the beds so that the outside air doesn't blow directly on them.

That's the only way I survived winter when renting apartments where it was too hot.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:33 pm
If you open up the top part of the window it won't blow directly on them.
That's what we used to do.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:36 pm
My windows in all bedrooms are open a drop all the time. Nothing like fresh air. Kindly tell your new downstairs neighbors to please lower the heat just a little bit.

gold21

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:02 am
All bedrooms have open windows in my place. I myself sleep better with fresh air.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:58 am
Humidifier might help if you can't rearrange furniture to open windows. My brother lived in attic and he got humidifier cause it was always hot up there..Winter and summer

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 2:01 am
fans?

Teomima

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 2:12 am
I used to love my old overheated rental because I love fresh air and it was the perfect excuse to keep all the windows cracked open throughout the winter. Nothing wrong with it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette