Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Dry rub brisket

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 8:58 pm
Anyone make one in the oven? I went to try a non tomato based typed brisket and thought this might be yummy. I see recipes online but curious if anyone has tried one and liked it. Or if you have any great brisket recipes that are a little different from the typical ...

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:08 pm
You didn't post a recipe but I cook dry rubbed briskets all the time. I just had one yesterday in the crock pot.

I use cumin, garlic powder, brown sugar, onion powder and chipotle chilli powder, you can add some paprika too. I rub the brisket all over with this and put it into a preheated crockpot on low. It's perfect after 10 hours. This version of rub is very good as bbq sandwiches.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:52 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
You didn't post a recipe but I cook dry rubbed briskets all the time. I just had one yesterday in the crock pot.

I use cumin, garlic powder, brown sugar, onion powder and chipotle chilli powder, you can add some paprika too. I rub the brisket all over with this and put it into a preheated crockpot on low. It's perfect after 10 hours. This version of rub is very good as bbq sandwiches.

Thanks!

amazingmommy

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 8:27 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Magenta, do you rub any oil? Or put any water into the crock pot?

mandksima

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:51 pm
I do the same in the oven on low, 110 celsius/230 fahrenheit or so, overnight (8-10 hours). I place onions in the pan and the dry rubbed brisket on top. After it cooks, you can smear BBQ sauce on and broil 5 min as a variation. It is excellent sliced thinly when cold for roast beef deli slices or sliced thicker for regular brisket. I'm making it this way tonight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics