Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Your recurrent dreams
Previous  1  2

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
That's funny, OP, I have two of the same dreams - not being ready for Shabbos/YT (and I am a HUGE planner so that would never happen) and discovering a whole new floor in my house (and it's always the same, too - and I always wander around wondering why we aren't using it Very Happy )

Me too.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:40 pm
I haven't had recurring dreams in a while. But I've had dreams that have happened more than once, or a variation on a theme. Happens to be I'm also somewhat of a lucid dreamer. I always recognize that I'm in a dream at some point and still continue dreaming aware until I wake up.

Running away from Nazis/hiding out in a concentration camp afraid they'd spot me. In one of the dreams I get rescued by Ms Frizzle in the Magic School Bus. shock In these dreams I'm always aware of myself because my surroundings are grey and white, and I'm wearing normal, colored, non concentration camp clothing.

My eyes are closed as I'm going on a hike through the woods. I wonder how on earth I'm able to walk over rocks and branches without falling.

This dream happened only twice ever: Somehow, Sternberg is on the side of the Belt Parkway at a particular point. It's the last day and in the background everyone is rushing to get their stuff onto the busses to go home. I somehow have a bike with me and I recognize the Belt Parkway and think: I know how to get home from here. I'm not going to get on the bus. I don't know how, but somehow I hitch my luggage onto my bike, and start pedaling. I get onto what was the on ramp from our site, and freeze. All of a sudden I realize I don't remember what exit to get off at. I decide to wait for another biker. When that person comes I ask him, then go on my way.

The second time the above dream happens, at the point I get on to the on ramp I say, "didn't I dream this already?" And then I woke up.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:45 pm
I dream of teeth falling out, that im flying, that im driving a car even though I dont drive.

Its strange. Im ready 2 hrs before Shabbos and Im always dreaming that its dark already and nothing is ready.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:47 pm
Im always,dreaming that dh is cheating on me. I wake up soo mad at him.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 8:28 pm
I don't know why but some of these are cracking me up!
my recurrent dreams are:
being naked in public, sometimes I'm mortified and sometimes not.
people dying and me being so intensely sad that I'm crying for hours in my dream
me being chased or having my life in danger
me being drugged and raped but I don't mind
DH having sx/touching me while im nidah but I go along because he seems not to care
weird sx dreams, they are very disturbing and horrifying
being late to light shobbos candles
my teeth falling out
occasionally I dream of falling from a very high place like a tall building, terrifying!

I dream a lot and many are unpleasant. that's when my demons come out, likely related to being sxually abused as a child.

zelda

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:28 pm
I've been married for 12 years and often dream that I forgot to get married. And that I'm an older single.....

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:52 pm
I almost never remember my dreams anymore but a few that have repeated over the years:

1. Giving birth to a daughter with a particular name. (So I ended up naming my first daughter this name).

2. Accidentally leaving the house without my sheitel on.

3. My teeth all crumbling.

4. Flying. Sometimes I just dream that I am flying over the city.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
I don't know why but some of these are cracking me up!
my recurrent dreams are:
being naked in public, sometimes I'm mortified and sometimes not.
people dying and me being so intensely sad that I'm crying for hours in my dream
me being chased or having my life in danger
me being drugged and raped but I don't mind
DH having sx/touching me while im nidah but I go along because he seems not to care
weird sx dreams, they are very disturbing and horrifying
being late to light shobbos candles
my teeth falling out
occasionally I dream of falling from a very high place like a tall building, terrifying!

I dream a lot and many are unpleasant. that's when my demons come out, likely related to being sxually abused as a child.

I have of these too. for the next few days I keep making sure the person in question is alive and healthy. or that the my pursuer has no access to me.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:25 am
I once dreamed that my mother died. It was so vivid, with the whole family flying in for the shiva etc. After that I called my mother and was so relieved she was alive.

This reminds me of a few other recurrent dreams.

Being married to someone other than my husband. Sometimes that other person is female. Then I wake up feeling relieved that it's (still) my husband.

I sometimes dream of using my laptop on Shabbos but there's always some elaborate justification for why using a laptop on Shabbos is okay.

tichellady

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:13 am
amother wrote:
I once dreamed that my mother died. It was so vivid, with the whole family flying in for the shiva etc. After that I called my mother and was so relieved she was alive.

This reminds me of a few other recurrent dreams.

Being married to someone other than my husband. Sometimes that other person is female. Then I wake up feeling relieved that it's (still) my husband.

I sometimes dream of using my laptop on Shabbos but there's always some elaborate justification for why using a laptop on Shabbos is okay.

I have that married dream too!

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:19 am
Just after I got married, I had a dream of being intimate with my female cousin. Soon after she announced she was gay. That was really weird.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics