Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO Support group for men in Israel/Phone/Skype etc.

rabshi

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 6:14 am
Hi all,

Unfortunately my DB is married to a wife which has BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) & is abusive as well.

He's going thru 'gehenem' with her.

Any idea of a support group that would help him survive?

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 6:42 am
rabshi wrote:
Hi all,

Unfortunately my DB is married to a wife which has BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) & is abusive as well.

He's going thru 'gehenem' with her.

Any idea of a support group that would help him survive?

Yes! The NEABPD has an Israel branch. They train and run support groups called Family Connections which are usually led by family members of people with BPD. They're free and a great resource for getting support and learning skills for dealing with a loved one with BPD. Look up www.neabpd.co.il .

rabshi

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:44 am
amother wrote:
Yes! The NEABPD has an Israel branch. They train and run support groups called Family Connections which are usually led by family members of people with BPD. They're free and a great resource for getting support and learning skills for dealing with a loved one with BPD. Look up www.neabpd.co.il .

Any experience & success with them?

Do they run it in Hebrew as well?

Would like some more info before suggesting.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 9:12 am
rabshi wrote:
Any experience & success with them?

Do they run it in Hebrew as well?

Would like some more info before suggesting.

I am currently in a Family Connections group for parents. The group focuses on learning specific skills that helps you live with and love someone with BPD and you get support from being with other people in a similar situation. This program was developed by Dr. Alan Fruzetti who is the director of one of the BPD residential programs and family services at McLean Hospital, a Harvard affiliated mental health hospital in Massachusetts. These are leaders in the field of BPD. It doesn't get better or more professional or more state of the art than this. There is lots of information available online and on YouTube about Dr. Fruzetti and his partner and McLean Hospital. You can also ask about Family Connections on the bpdfamily.com website.

I'm not sure if they offer the group in Hebrew. You have nothing to lose by contacting them through their website and asking them all your questions.

You can read more about the program here: http://www.neabpd.co.il/family.....ogram

rabshi

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 2:24 am
amother wrote:
I am currently in a Family Connections group for parents. The group focuses on learning specific skills that helps you live with and love someone with BPD and you get support from being with other people in a similar situation. This program was developed by Dr. Alan Fruzetti who is the director of one of the BPD residential programs and family services at McLean Hospital, a Harvard affiliated mental health hospital in Massachusetts. These are leaders in the field of BPD. It doesn't get better or more professional or more state of the art than this. There is lots of information available online and on YouTube about Dr. Fruzetti and his partner and McLean Hospital. You can also ask about Family Connections on the bpdfamily.com website.

I'm not sure if they offer the group in Hebrew. You have nothing to lose by contacting them through their website and asking them all your questions.

You can read more about the program here: http://www.neabpd.co.il/family.....ogram

Thanks for your sharing.

I sent them an email & waiting for their response.

Is the group you're attending only for women or it's mixed?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 4:25 pm
rabshi wrote:
Thanks for your sharing.

I sent them an email & waiting for their response.

Is the group you're attending only for women or it's mixed?

I'm in a group for parents so it's couples but I would imagine that there are other groups focused on other relationships like children of people with BPD or husbands of people with BPD and it would make sense to me to separate spouses by gender. You'd have to ask them to be sure.

Teomima

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:18 pm
Milam in an organization here in Israel that offers free support to family members of those with mental illness. They have private counseling as well as group sessions. They have been very helpful to me in my struggles dealing with a BPD spouse. I strongly recommend he reach out to them.

rabshi

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:11 am
Teomima wrote:
Milam in an organization here in Israel that offers free support to family members of those with mental illness. They have private counseling as well as group sessions. They have been very helpful to me in my struggles dealing with a BPD spouse. I strongly recommend he reach out to them.

Thanks. I'll look into it for him.

rabshi

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 12:24 pm
amother wrote:

Thank you so much for the info.

DB met with the coordinator/leader. He felt so validated & understood for the first time ever.

It's extremely difficult & confusing is to live with a spouse who suffers from BPD. What makes things even more worse is that people around have no idea what you're going through and just don't understand you.

He was told that there's a group starting in February.

If you know anyone that has an abusive or BPD spouse, please refer them to the website or they can contact directly by email: neabpdisrael@gmail.com

If anyone knows of more support groups for people which live with an abusive or BPD spouse, please post.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions