Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Getting denied from Meuchedet

Smile1234

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:54 am
There is a bachur who just came to EY after who has crohns and got denied from Meuchedet. What should he do?
My husband's friend had this back when dh was here as a bachur and he remembers that someone Avram Eisental helped him. He used to work in the Meuchedet on beis yisroel but the bachur said he doesn't work there anymore.

Does anyone have information that would help him? He's so lost.

He has a letter from a dr that he's ok if that makes a difference.

I remember someone once started a thread about her daughter who was going to seminary and had crohns or the like and I can't find it now.

Any help would be appreciated.

rneumann

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:00 am
Although I don't know what to do, there's an orginization that helps with this kind of thing. Call Chaim v Chessed. Thier website is chaimvchessed.com and I think their number is 072-CHESSED.(check their website)
They pretty much help english speakers with all different issues that come up. I really think they could help.
Hatzlacha!

Smile1234

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:15 am
rneumann wrote:
Although I don't know what to do, there's an orginization that helps with this kind of thing. Call Chaim v Chessed. Thier website is chaimvchessed.com and I think their number is 072-CHESSED.(check their website)
They pretty much help english speakers with all different issues that come up. I really think they could help.
Hatzlacha!

Good idea, thanks I'll tell him.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:17 am
Is he a tourist or a student? If you have a preexisting condition, best to stay on whatever plan you had in the States. (I don't know about other countries.) I know of a student from the US who had Crohn's, and the family paid out of pocket for treatment in Israel and was reimbursed by the American insurance company. Obviously if you're a tourist it's even easier to get reimbursed.

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:51 am
I didn't know it was possible to get rejected by a kupah when medicine is socialized.

5mom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 9:40 am
DrMom wrote:
I didn't know it was possible to get rejected by a kupah when medicine is socialized.

Citizens can't be rejected. If you are a student in Israel and want to get term insurance with a group (eg, a yeshiva) you can be rejected because of preexisting conditions.

grace413

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 12:18 pm
Sorry to nitpick but it's only citizens who are residents who can't be denied.

You can be an Israeli citizen and not be a resident of Israel.

5mom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 12:38 pm
grace413 wrote:
Sorry to nitpick but it's only citizens who are residents who can't be denied.

You can be an Israeli citizen and not be a resident of Israel.

Good point, thanks!

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 1:44 pm
AH, I didn't realize the bachur in question wasn't a citizen. I thought he made aliyah.

israeliMD

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:08 pm
Does he have Israeli citizenship? If so, there is an option to waive the waiting period by paying a fee. If he doesn't pay the fee, there is a 6 month (around that) waiting period for coverage. At that time he can not be denied coverage.

If he does not have citizenship he can establish temporary residency via an A-1 visa and receive health insurance via any of the health funds after 6 months. In general for a non citizen and non resident (or temporary resident in the 6 month waiting period) it is going to be difficult to get coverage with a pre existing condition. Once he has either temporary residency or citizenship (after a waiting period if he did not just make aliyah) he can not be denied coverage by any of the 4 health funds.

elanab

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 3:17 pm
try contacting a private health insurance company-( can email health@egertcohen.co.il)
in terms of meuchedet- the guy in charge of students is at beis yisrael 2 or 3 (forgot which-sorry). his name is pinchas starik
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions