Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
HELP buying phone

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:56 am
I need a smart phone that can handle apps such as waze, emails etc...Iphone 7 is really expensive-any other phones you could recommend? I can go with any plan as I am currently on prepaid plan.....need the phone to be safe around kids in terms of setting up a filter / removing browser...tia!!!

Raisin

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 12:48 pm
galaxy s6/s7. Even S5 if you don't mind a slightly older phone. You can set up an applock so kids can't access apps.

What about older iphones such as 6 or 5?

enter

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 12:59 pm
I heard Motorola G4 is meant to be a good, cheaper brand. You can go for the G4 plus, with 4gb RAM and 64gb storage for just $300 (including protection plan). You can go to their website motorola.com, G4plus - build yours - and choose the options.

As far as I know TAG can filter this, check for their info here http://venishmartem.com/help/hotline, or call, 718-280-1486 to check.

If you can afford the older models of Samsung or Iphone suggested, obviously that's still better. However, this seems like a good option if your budget is something like mine :-)

nicole81

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 1:34 pm
The galaxy 6 isn't all that great. I love my 7, and I was very happy with my 5. In fact, we just upgraded my husband's phone to a galaxy 5 over a 6 since I had such a great experience with it. Right now, I think the 5 is a great value given that it's fairly out of date, but still uses great technology and a processor.

In terms of pricing, I would recommend going to BH.com if they sell a variant that can be used on your carrier. I've purchased 3 phones through them in the past year, and they definitely have the best pricing around. Phones you may see cheaper elsewhere are 99% knockoffs or refurbs with non-samsung guts.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 1:36 pm
I know people are really happy with the Samsung Note 5 (not 7!) and it's cheaper than the iPhone...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics