Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What do I do?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 3:58 pm
A family member and I are working together on a certain project which we needed a cash transfusion to make happen. I asked for a total of $2000-2400 for the project and then another $250 a few days late. He told me that he could Quickpay us $2000--max for the day. I thought he would do it the next day, and he sent us a check for the $250. However, in the meantime a check and a bunch of payments that I had forgotten were pending put our account significantly in the red plus the overdraft charges. Do I press him for the $400? when the overdraft charges were like over $200 for not getting us the money in time?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
A family member and I are working together on a certain project which we needed a cash transfusion to make happen. I asked for a total of $2000-2400 for the project and then another $250 a few days late. He told me that he could Quickpay us $2000--max for the day. I thought he would do it the next day, and he sent us a check for the $250. However, in the meantime a check and a bunch of payments that I had forgotten were pending put our account significantly in the red plus the overdraft charges. Do I press him for the $400? when the overdraft charges were like over $200 for not getting us the money in time?

Who was in charge of keeping track of payments? You said you forgot about pending payments. If that is the case, it sounds like you forgetting was the cause of overdraft, not his payment. Unless you were both were in charge of that, in which case responsibility is shared.
I can't tell exactly from your post what happened with his payment. He sent 2000 and the. A check for 250? How was this different from what he was supposed to do? And did you make it clear that you would be in overdraft if you didn't get the money by a certain time?

imasinger

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 5:09 pm
I'd start by just presenting him with all the facts. Maybe ask him how he suggests moving forward.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics