Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Essential Health Plan

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 1:09 am
If you have essential Health plan, are you satisfied with it? Does it cover all basic medical care?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 9:49 pm
Is this the plan where you don't need to be low income to qualify for medicaid but it's a lot less expensive than Obamacare? Does something like this exist in Ohio because shopping in Ohio for Obamacare is horribly depressing? I asked on another thread, but I guess this question belongs here. I want health insurance that doesn't cost an arm AND a leg... just maybe a couple of fingers. Smile

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:17 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
If you have essential Health plan, are you satisfied with it? Does it cover all basic medical care?

Bump

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:26 pm
Yes its pretty decent. I did get some small bills from my ob but maybe that has to do with the health plan you choose.
Its not for that high income about 60,000 for family of 5.
Now that our income went up to the 70,000s we need marketplace and lemme say they expect me to spend that extra 10k we shvitzed for on healthcare so take what you can get!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:34 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Yes its pretty decent. I did get some small bills from my ob but maybe that has to do with the health plan you choose.
Its not for that high income about 60,000 for family of 5.
Now that our income went up to the 70,000s we need marketplace and lemme say they expect me to spend that extra 10k we shvitzed for on healthcare so take what you can get!

Which is a decent healthcare for Brooklyn?
Issue is my dentist takes Fidelis and my primary does not.
And my primary takes Blue Cross and my Dentist won’t take Liberty Dental.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:40 pm
Dental is an issue but I decided that id rather pay out of pocket and go to a top dentist than pay the premiums and get subpar dental care so I declined it.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:59 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Which is a decent healthcare for Brooklyn?
Issue is my dentist takes Fidelis and my primary does not.
And my primary takes Blue Cross and my Dentist won’t take Liberty Dental.

Personally, I would go with what my primary accepts. I have an excellent relationship with my PCP and would never want to switch to a different one. I wouldn't care to switch dentists.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:16 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Dental is an issue but I decided that id rather pay out of pocket and go to a top dentist than pay the premiums and get subpar dental care so I declined it.

I need to finish a bunch of dental work. So I would love to save the money.

seeker

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:31 am
Medical it's good enough in what it covers but it can be difficult to find doctors. Many who take Medicaid level don't take essential level. If you use a clinic like ODA that takes everything, you're ok.

I prefer to pay out of pocket for my own dentist than pay extra for essential dental insurance. I did the math, the dental premium would cost more than a yearly cleaning and checkup out of pocket, and if I need more than that I want to choose a dentist I feel confident in rather than settle for whoever takes a lame insurance and has a long wait for appointments too.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:01 am
seeker wrote:
Medical it's good enough in what it covers but it can be difficult to find doctors. Many who take Medicaid level don't take essential level. If you use a clinic like ODA that takes everything, you're ok.

I prefer to pay out of pocket for my own dentist than pay extra for essential dental insurance. I did the math, the dental premium would cost more than a yearly cleaning and checkup out of pocket, and if I need more than that I want to choose a dentist I feel confident in rather than settle for whoever takes a lame insurance and has a long wait for appointments too.

Which plan do you have?

seeker

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 11:01 am
They're all pretty much the same. If you already have a doctor you like, ask them which is easiest for them to work with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics