Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
To vaccinate or not to vaccinate
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 2:38 pm
My son was delayed in in vaccination schedule, due to me being sick and unable to take him to the doctor.
When he was 9 months old we began playing catch-up and he received a round of shots.
Prior to the vaccines, he was saying "ma Ma" "da da" and other sounds. He was also making good eye contact.
After he got his shots, he stopped all eye contact and there he did not make a sound for 4 weeks. No attempt to connect with him worked.
After 4 weeks, he started making eye contact again, and began babbling.
I asked the doctor, who said "he must have been angry". We gave my son another round of shots at 11.5 months.
Once again, he stopped babbling and all eye contact for 4 weeks.
This time, however, he would gain words and then he wouldn't retain them.
And once again, the doctor said that tongue child must have been angry with me.
Now he is close to 18 months. We are still way behind in his vaccination schedule. He is starting to communicate with sounds and words. I am very afraid to continue vaccinating him. Yet, I am afraid not to as well.

Can anyone direct me to information that will help me make a decision whether or not to vaccinate this child, and perhaps which ones yes, and which ones not?

ange

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 3:11 pm
As the child's mother, what do you think was going on to make your child stop talking? Do you think your doctor's assessment that he was angry is a reasonable explanation?

I'm going to say this very gently because my only intent is for this child's well being, and I know I will be attacked Smile but I think you are lucky to have been given some signs and I am fearful how much toxic overload his body can handle before he won't regain what he loses with each round of vaccines.

Please, don't do anything until you are comfortable and don't be pressured by your doc until you are comfortable. He doesn't have to live with the decision like you will.

Although there is so much out there literature wise, I found simply seeing other people's experiences to be the most powerful. How many people can you hear about who had typically developing children only to regress after vaccines and not connect the dots. There was a clip called Hear me Well with parents just like us and it was heartbreaking to watch. Kids who started having seizures immediately after etc. How many stories until it's not just a coincidence....

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 3:17 pm
I would postpone until the child is a lot more verbal. Obviously the overwhelming majority of kids do fine with vaccines but your child's reaction is frightening. Sounds like in this particular case the shots are more risky than the possibility of the diseases they protect from.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 3:17 pm
The fact is that many children 'seem' to handle the vaccines ok, and it is the parents of these children who swear by vaccines and claim that they are saving lives. Some children however, do not react well and their bodies cannot tolerate the overload of toxins. You are already seeing the signs of this in your child. What else do you want to see before you have your answer? Any honest doctor will actually tell you that your child is best not to receive any further vaccines. The fear in your case would be to continue vaccinating, and not knowing how much damage can potentially be caused when you are already seeing warning signs.

Good luck. There is no easy approach- but I do think you have your answer!

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 3:24 pm
Please, please stop. You know your chid.
whether you're Pro vaccine or anti-vaccine your child is not handling them.
You may want to check if your child has mthfr gene mutation which is common in those who have a harder time tolerating environmental toxins.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 3:35 pm
You can always give the shots later! No need to rush and give them now when you might regret it for the rest of your life!!!

I'm pro vaccines but this is clearly a different situation. Please please have pity on your child!

You're his mom! You're the only one that can protect him!!!!!

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 4:42 pm
I really need to hear from screen names so I can compare with where you stand in general based on your past posts.
A bunch of another posts do not help me either way.
I am torn already, and I am looking for more info.
I will look into that gene. Does it involve blood work? Will I have to find this test on my own?

agreer

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 5:39 pm
I'm VERY pro-vaccine for the general public, but I really think you have a unique case. Your son's reaction is NOT typical, and since it happened twice, I would tread with extreme caution. I would get a second opinion from another well-respected, mainstream pediatrician.

You may have a legitimate case for not vaccinating, which is why it's so important for other people to get vaccinated - to protect innocent children like yours.

Hatzlacha rabbah.

PAMOM

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 5:48 pm
I am very pro-vaccine. I do careful research, have a close friend who helped develop several vaccines, and come from a medical family. However, if I were you, I'd get a second opinion. I'd probably see a pediatric immunologist. When one of my kids had a weird reaction to a vaccination (freaky strange crying, followed by 12 hours of sleeping --this was a baby who nursed every 2 hours), I was hysterical. We had her seen that night, and my pediatrician cut the vaccine dosage in half for the next go round. He didn't brush off my baby's symptoms, which sound much less serious than yours.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 6:13 pm
Www.vaccinesrevealed.com

nursemomma

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 6:29 pm
I am very pro-vaccination. However, I agree with all posters above. In the case where a child has a vaccine reaction, DO NOT continue to vaccinate. You should talk to a pediatrician you trust, as well as immunologist and neurologist. You should be able to get a medical exemption for your child.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 6:34 pm
I'm also pro vaccine and I think you need a different doctor. Do not accept being brished off like that! Was it the vaccine or something else or just some weird fluke, I don't know, but those are distressing symptoms and I am most alarmed at your doctor's response.

behappy2

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 6:46 pm
Please find an open minded doctor who will work with you and take you seriously. Only you can decide what to do. If it was my child I would not take the risk of vaccination.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:22 pm
As a relative of a severely vaccine injured child, I will tell you most pediatricians will indeed brush it off. You are all going to get all riled up and furious now, but this is the truth of what happened to us and everyone else I know that has a vaccine story. Pediatricians literally cannot admit that the vaccines are anything other than amazing, in every single case, and for every single kid, even in the face of actual vaccine reactions happening in front of her, and in her office.
"It's just a coincidence," they will brush off. I've had a pediatrician say tell me that even if we know for a fact that a certain vaccine is bad for a specific child, we still give it to him anyway because it's good for society as a whole for him to be vaccinated.

I have yet to meet a pediatrician who is willing to forgo vaccines even in the face of horrible reactions.

I don't usually participate in these vaccine discussions, because everyone here so sarcastically assumes there is no such thing as a vaccine reaction - so I have nothing to say to these people other than "when Hashem decides to give YOUR child a vaccine reaction, THEN you will see how nasty and unfair you were to the nonvaxers on imamother. And you deserve it."

But I digress. OP, you are slowly entering the world of people willing to acknowledge that vaccines are not for everyone. It's a scary world. Your kid is sick, but the pediatrician won't listen. No pediatrician will listen. You stop giving, but then you're hounded. By the school, your extended family, on imamother. It's lonely. It's painful. Random people telling you that you must be wrong, because the doctors cannot be wrong. But then you'll discover a whole community of people like you, of people whose kids were totally normal until the minute they were vaccinated, when they suddenly became very very not normal. And unlike your kid, never became normal again. There are hundreds of thousands of us. Like imamother, where our right to a safe haven was revoked, so too are the voices of these mothers forced underground. But we are there. And to those mothers here who mock us, I say, may Hashem give you first hand knowledge so that you know what a vaccine reaction is.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:42 pm
I see I touched a nerve, and everyone has a right to share their story.
However, I am asking, no begging. If anyone else can give me a substantial lead to begin research, please do so. Preferably under your screen name, and preferably those who fight on the side of vaccination here on Imamother.

I don't know what to believe, but I do know that I can't trust hearsay, and that I definitely can't trust personal stories by amother.
Links to landing pages promoting someone's work are not enough for me. I don't know the people involved, and I definitely don't know their credentials. My son will be 10 years old by the time I figure out if those links are representing accurate information.

I'm not a doctor or a lawyer, and I haven't done any formal research in years.

Help

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:49 pm
If you are hesitant to trust amothers, just ask your real life acquaintances and other doctors.

penguin

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:51 pm
If you can tell us where you live perhaps someone can give you a recommendation for a doctor who will give you an honest - that is, unprejudiced - opinion.

For example, in Lakewood there is one doctor who will listen and take your child's symptoms seriously. I am not comfortable posting his name, and it is difficult to get in to him, but I think you can see his PA and once they hear the issue you might see him.

I am posting under my Screen name so that if this is helpful to you and you want the name you can PM me.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:58 pm
I would not continue to vaccinate unless I had a doctor treating my child who acknowledged it for what it was (NOT anger, 4 weeks at 9 months old is NOT anger. Grudges are not held that long at that age.) and only if he was willing to tread cautiously and come up with a game plan for how to see what is going on (e.g. only one vaccine at a time, if he can think of what ingredient may have been the culprit can he find a vaccine without that ingredient, can he test for things like MTHFR, etc) -- only then with someone in my corner who sounds like he is looking out for my child's best interest would I even think of continuing.

But I wish you lots of hatzlacha in finding that. Doctors are petrified to give medical exemptions and schools will not accept you/expel you for not being fully vaccinated unless there is a medical exemption on file.

Wishing you lots of clarity and peace of mind in this. You're not alone.

Last edited by Hashem_Yaazor on Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:21 pm
I don't have any advice about vaccination but I would look for a new doctor. What on earth kind of answer is that?! Angry?! I can't even. A baby doesn't avoid babbling and eye contact out of anger, nor does he stay angry for weeks at a time. An angry baby screams and then gets over it.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:46 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't have any advice about vaccination but I would look for a new doctor. What on earth kind of answer is that?! Angry?! I can't even. A baby doesn't avoid babbling and eye contact out of anger, nor does he stay angry for weeks at a time. An angry baby screams and then gets over it.

Doctors will twist themselves in pretzels to give any possible explanation other than the vaccines. Any mother of a vaccine injured baby has heard this and other creative excuses millions of times.

OP, I will not post under my SN. I have occasionally taken part in vaccine threads- I am antivax - but I am not emotionally prepared to go there now.

YOu are very stuck. Even if you find a doctor who takes you seriously, it is near impossible to get him to agree it's from the vaccine. At best he'll say that the vaccine brought out a neurological problem that would have come out on its own anyway Rolling Eyes (ANYTHING but the vaccine), and if by some miracle you do find a doctor who is willing to overcome everything he learned and look at the baby in front of him and admit to the truth in plain sight, it STILL won't help you because you are going to be hounded for the rest of your life for not vaccinating.

In my state of Michigan, doctors cannot legally give a medical exemption unless the child is CURRENTLY undergoing chemotherapy or has AIDS. Not even if a kid collapses in a fit of seizures and needs to be evacuated to a hospital and revived - repeatedly, and with every vaccine, they cannot write a medical exemption and can lose their license if they attempt.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics