Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
No money but like to dress well

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:02 pm
For those of you with no money but like to look good and have a lot of clothes where do you shop?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:10 pm
I like tops and jackets from forever 21.
I find various dresses and accessories on amazon.

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:11 pm
I shop at Old Navy, Gap, H and M, Lands End and some local trendy stuff.

For better wear and simcha wear I'll shop at more expensive places.

I don't like spending lots of money on my clothing. I prefer spending the money in other places ( like shoes Smile )

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:12 pm
Asos
Zara
H and m
Forever 21

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:15 pm
My SIL is a fashionista and buys her clothes at upscale thrift stores. That includes, shoes and pocketbooks etc. she's got a knack for it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:17 pm
The last few years I have actually gotten several really nice (fashionable basic) skirts for about $10 each (on sale) at Costco. I also have several nice tops and sweaters from Costco too (most $10-$15 range).

You can also find fashionable things on sale at Target if you look around. Black Friday and Xmas time are a great time to find deals online.

Otherwise, most of my other clothes are hand me downs, from the thrift store, local resale shops or local gemacht. I dress nicely and professionally for work, more classic styles, but nothing dowdy & I am complimented that I look fashionable and put together.

You can also find nice clothes sometimes on EBay. A few months ago I got a nice maternity dress for only $10, including shipping.

Also, I find thrift stores are a great place to find inexpensive jewelry and scarfs. A nice piece of jewelry or scarf can really make an outfit.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:18 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
My SIL is a fashionista and buys her clothes at upscale thrift stores. That includes, shoes and pocketbooks etc. she's got a knack for it.

I have two Eileen Fisher pieces, one a skirt from a not so upscale resale store, and the other a cardigan from a Purple Heart thrift shop.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:26 pm
I feel that a "mixed" wardrobe looks the best- you get some nicer trendy pieces and spend a little more money and then some less expensive pieces from h and m, forever 21 etc- it's a great way to look fashionable and up to date with keeping your wardrobe costs not too high.

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 8:33 am
Maybe this should be a spinoff topic?

Cheapest places to buy clothes in London which are tzniusdik.
Someone pointed out to me, you needn't go to only Jewish stores. Non Jewish ones are fine too.

But, I tried select in dalston kingsland, and peacocks, and matalan. No tzniusdik clothes there (not really at least). Must I restrict myself to charity shops and primark or is there some cheap clothing outlet I don't know of?

To answer OPs question. I have very tight budget and although I'm not sure if I dress well, other people seem to think so. My tricks are; firstly, if you don't HATE the idea, charity shops. Can get some nice but v cheap pieces there. Secondly- buy inexpensive but CLASSIC/CLASSY jewellery from places like market stalls, lerner's, etc. A simple £5 necklace can make a drab outfit look 'posh'. Thirdly; go for simple prints and styles. No crazy patterns.

But who am I to answer such a question... embarrassed

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 8:35 am
COUPONS!

use a 20% and a 10% and a FREESHIP coupon and and

I love coupons!

I stack them, wait for the sale(usually) and use all the coupons I can find.

I love getting a a $600 dress for $192 Smile

you can go to metziahs.com, I think she tells you which coupon code to use, and otherwise has great deals for fashionable clothing.

Roots

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:43 pm
I sometimes buy on thredup.com secondhand but in grea condition
and kohls.com and burlingtonscoatfactory have really great prices and coupons especially holiday time

nicole81

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 1:04 pm
I buy from junees, and a lot of their stuff is very nice! Near the end of the season (January for winter clothes for example), they put most of their stuff on clearance. And then they send out 50% off coupon codes. I just got a really nice wool skirt for $10, a great sweater dress for $18, a beautiful mohair sweater for $12, etc. The catch is that it's all final sale. It works for me because everything either fits me or one of my daughters but I could see not wanting to take the risk if you have no one else to give the clothing to.

zigi

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 1:48 pm
h&m, ann taylor loft clearance racks. also lord and taylor clearance racks. gap clearance with 40%off codes

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:41 pm
Deja New Surprised Surprised

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:43 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

I have the talent as well. I often shop for friends. This season I got four very nice cashmere sweaters in basic colors at two different thrift stores. Total spent was under $25.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:46 pm
Where are there thrift stores in Brooklyn ?

smilealot

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 3:01 pm
Liora20 wrote:
Maybe this should be a spinoff topic?

Cheapest places to buy clothes in London which are tzniusdik.
Someone pointed out to me, you needn't go to only Jewish stores. Non Jewish ones are fine too.

But, I tried select in dalston kingsland, and peacocks, and matalan. No tzniusdik clothes there (not really at least). Must I restrict myself to charity shops and primark or is there some cheap clothing outlet I don't know of?

To answer OPs question. I have very tight budget and although I'm not sure if I dress well, other people seem to think so. My tricks are; firstly, if you don't HATE the idea, charity shops. Can get some nice but v cheap pieces there. Secondly- buy inexpensive but CLASSIC/CLASSY jewellery from places like market stalls, lerner's, etc. A simple £5 necklace can make a drab outfit look 'posh'. Thirdly; go for simple prints and styles. No crazy patterns.

But who am I to answer such a question... embarrassed

Can often find tznius skirts in sainsburys.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
Where are there thrift stores in Brooklyn ?

Do you have a Yellow Pages? Look it up under thrift or resale stores.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics