Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do any of you wear red or grey nail polish?

Liora20

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 1:02 pm
Hi

Before I was frum I LOVED red polish, and later when I was MO, grey.
I got grey polish as a gift recently, and on shabbos I saw a woman I admire immensely, who is very tzniusdik, wearing red polish. She wears it very occasionally and it suits her.

Now I really really want to wear either grey or red but I was wondering if this was common or untzniusdik? FWIW I am lubavitch BT though my DH and I are considering an MO community.

Thanks Smile

Maya

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 1:13 pm
Of course. Women on the entire spectrum of frum - with the exception of Chassidish and right wing Yeshivish - wear all colors of nail polish, including grey and red.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 1:15 pm
Lubavitcher women in my community wear all colors of the rainbow

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 2:24 pm
I'm lubavitch, I wear light grey, won't wear red.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 2:26 pm
Also lubavitch. I would wear grey not red.

agreer

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 5:31 pm
Not bright red, personally, but I know lots of JPF women who do. Grey, for sure.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 6:01 pm
Maya wrote:
Of course. Women on the entire spectrum of frum - with the exception of Chassidish and right wing Yeshivish - wear all colors of nail polish, including grey and red.

Just as a BTW, Chassidish within itself has a very big spectrum, especially within the last few years with the forming of more neutral Chassidish communities.

I personally only wear light pink or white (I'm Chassidish), I don't wear grey or red. I know Chassidish women on the more neutral end of the spectrum who wear grey. I haven't yet seen red, unless they're modern Chassidish maybe. But if you're talking on the other side of the spectrum I don't think many Chassidish women on that end wear nail polish at all.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 6:04 pm
I wear all colors. I am not at all yeshivish. But not MO either.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:48 pm
Gray is totally neutral now. Red it depends where, plenty of people wear it and look classy, but it does stand out more and there are places where you would be seen as more flashy with red. So if you're feeling conservative about this, go with grey and wait on the red until you get a better feel for if you'd be comfortable with that.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:54 pm
I love red, but save it for my toes. I do a more neutral color for my fingernails. Also Lubavitch.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:04 pm
Sure.. And I'm in Lakewood. But I'm over 50 and my children are grown up and bh don't live here so it's more acceptable

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:27 pm
Help an ignorant jpf. What's the problem with grey?

momx6

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:40 pm
I would love gray but I'm very hesitant to be bold and try it. I only get like pink colors...

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:36 am
I'm Lubavitch I'll wear any color besides for bright red including gray. Though I know plenty of Lubavitchers who do wear red - it all depends on your sensitivity and how you wear it. But what looks worse imho is when you nail polish is chipped....

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 4:38 am
seeker wrote:
Gray is totally neutral now. Red it depends where, plenty of people wear it and look classy, but it does stand out more and there are places where you would be seen as more flashy with red. So if you're feeling conservative about this, go with grey and wait on the red until you get a better feel for if you'd be comfortable with that.

Thanks Smile
Glad to see how many people consider grey to be okay!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics