Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Making your outfits look more interesting?

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 8:41 am
So, I have a good memory as far as outfits are concerned. And I looked back at the outfits I'd worn and realised that for the past five kabbalas shabbes services I've been to, my outfits have featured just black, grey and/or white (with the exception of a one off red piece). I feel that I look really drab and boring, always wearing roughly the same sort of thing, I.e, black skirts, dark tops, and black jackets.

How can I make my wardrobe more interesting without spending much money? I'm on a tight budget so can't buy many clothes. I do wear nice jewellery but I feel that alone it doesn't do too much to stop me looking dull.

Any help appreciated Smile

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 10:03 am
a colored belt, or scarf tied around your shoulders or neck can really spice up a simple outfit. experimenting and google are your friends.
also, cool shoes.

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 10:11 am
amother wrote:
a colored belt, or scarf tied around your shoulders or neck can really spice up a simple outfit. experimenting and google are your friends.
also, cool shoes.

Thank you!
Scarves and belts aren't things I'd even considered til now.

rachel6543

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 10:24 am
I do think Jewerly can definitely change up an outfit. A pair of funky/unique earrings or a necklace can really enhance an outfit. Same with a pair of shoes or a scarf or belt. I have somehow managed to collect a large collection of scarfs in many colors now and find they add a nice touch to an otherwise plain outfit.

Thrift store are actually a great place to find fun inexpensive jewelry, scarfs and belts.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 11:03 am
vests. colored cardigans. patterned wraps. perfect makeup. good shoes. funky purse. cool hat.

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 11:09 am
You can add colored fur trim to your sweaters and pick up the color elsewhere.

Go to the notions store and browse. I just added gold and black lace to an old black top and received many compliments. I added a round pearl color to a plain black dress. They are easy to attach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics