Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Gourmet Glatt Lakewood

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 11:19 am
Do any of you ladies from Lakewood know if the whole store is under the vaad? If so, is everything in it ok to eat? I saw some things that I was surprised about, but would be thrilled to try.
Thanks!

sky

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:01 pm
The ready made food and packaged chicken and fish and meat and bakery and takeout is under the Lakewood KCL.

Items on the shelf and produce department (unless marked) are not . There is a sign somewhere saying that some vegetables cannot be adequately checked and you have to check with your own rav. They sell vegetables the KCL says you cannot check and they sell items that are not pas yisroel or bishul yisroel according to the KCL so you really have to check and make your own judgements according to your own standards.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:33 pm
sky wrote:
The ready made food and packaged chicken and fish and meat and bakery and takeout is under the Lakewood KCL.

Items on the shelf and produce department (unless marked) are not . There is a sign somewhere saying that some vegetables cannot be adequately checked and you have to check with your own rav. They sell vegetables the KCL says you cannot check and they sell items that are not pas yisroel or bishul yisroel according to the KCL so you really have to check and make your own judgements according to your own standards.

Thank you, Sky. That is very helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen