Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sleeping while toddler playing
Previous  1  2

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 1:14 pm
Yup.
I do this all the time. Purposely and accidentally.
My kids make a lot of trouble but hey they are not in harm of being killed poisoned or strangled so they are safe. I would rather the room being covered in toys, clothing emptied from the drawers and toilet paper being unrolled if I need 20 minutes of sleep.

BatZion

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 3:40 pm
I do it when I'm desperately tired. One kid is just 2, one is not quite 1. When the younger one is asleep in his cot in the bedroom the 2yo plays and I doze lightly and we are both in the lounge. He plays happily alone. Often I have ihm play on the couch as I nap next to him. Never thought I'd do it. But yeah- sleep.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 1:43 pm
I would never do this. My husband has. Our toddler is a master of mischief, even in a childproof house. Have bars on the windows? That didn't stop her from getting completely naked and throwing her clothes out the window into a giant bush. Sure, she didn't hurt herself, but she ruined her clothes. Or when she climbed up on a chair and promptly fell off and bumped her head (huge raised bump) and because someone was sleeping, we didn't know whether she fell directly on her head or not and then she had to be under watch for a concussion, and we had to keep her home from daycare and wake her up every hour for the entire night and all her naps. It didn't make any difference that my husband was right there - he was asleep and didn't know what happened.

So yeah, I don't recommend it. And my husband doesn't do it anymore.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics