Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What necklace (if any) to wear with this gown?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 6:57 am
I'll likely be wearing this gown to my sister in law's wedding next month. The color I have it in is a bright purple.

http://I.imgur.com/dMPa3H9.png

Any suggestions of what necklace to wear with it (if any)?

My personal style is towards subtle and classy: I only have 'real' jewelry but I'm open to buying costume Jewelry for the wedding (especially because the wedding is overseas) since the dress is so plain

Thank you

rachel6543

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:02 am
Pearls are classy and would look elegant with this.

So would any sliver or white gold necklace with a nice pendant, like a diamond pendant.

Or a necklace with purple stones could look nice too.

The dress is very classy, you really have lots of options available for Jewerly.

jflower

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:04 am
Beautiful dress. Have you tried it on with the jewelry you already have? If that doesn't work, can you take the dress along when you shop for another necklace?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:10 am
I would keep it simple since it is a simple dress and the color will be bright.
Maybe a small diamond simple necklace or pearls.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:16 am
I'd go with a silver/white crystal statement style necklace - to match the crystals on the cuffs and to fill up the empty bodice.

Something like this:
EVER FAITH Bridal Ripple Necklace Earrings Set Silver-Tone Clear Austrian Crystal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H.....J0ZEK

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:17 am
jflower wrote:
Beautiful dress. Have you tried it on with the jewelry you already have? If that doesn't work, can you take the dress along when you shop for another necklace?

Thanks. Necklaces I have are diamond solitaire (which only works against the neck, and the neckline is a bit too high for that) and pearls (which I don't think goes because of contrasts with the sparked cuff)

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:20 am
I do have a purple stone pendant, I'll try that on with it. I'll also ask my mom if she has anything that might work. Thank you all. I appreciate the responses and the ideas

jflower

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:24 am
I'm sure you'll look great whatever you decide. Mazel tov.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:30 am
I'd try something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:36 am
ra_mom wrote:
I'd try something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch

Wow! So beautiful and different. Thanks

iyar

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:39 am
I like gp2's idea.
You want to go with the crystals on the cuff, so a plain pearl strand won't work, but you can use something chunkier and more of a statement than you'll get with real diamonds (unless you're selling your house to buy the necklace). I love amethysts, but I'd still rather see clear crystals on the purple fabric than purple stones.
You don't need to shlep the dress with you when you shop, as it's a classic piece and will look good with whatever you buy. Do try on the necklace to see how it sits on your neck.
Love the dress, btw!
Mazel Tov!

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 9:04 am
guess you guys have better eyes than me - I didn't notice the embellished cuff ... in that case the pearls would be too simple unless you have pearls embellished with diamonds

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 9:12 am
A purple necklace might disappear on a purple dress.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 10:26 am
gp2.0 wrote:
A purple necklace might disappear on a purple dress.

I find that it looks like it's trim on the dress instead of a necklace and if it's the right piece for the garment it looks amazing. For me it works wonderfully as I'm not much of a necklace person.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 10:57 am
ra_mom wrote:
I find that it looks like it's trim on the dress instead of a necklace and if it's the right piece for the garment it looks amazing. For me it works wonderfully as I'm not much of a necklace person.

Yes I can see it going either way. It would need to be the right color and style so it didn't disappear. I love the necklace you posted, there's just no way to know if it would enhance OPs dress or disappear without seeing them both together...there's also the question of different shades of purple clashing.

iammom

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 11:56 am
I'm not sure if these are are out of style but what about a bib necklace? They add so much to a plain type of top.

Something like this:
http://I.imgur.com/jNRZ87s.jpg

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:47 pm
iyar wrote:
I like gp2's idea.
You want to go with the crystals on the cuff, so a plain pearl strand won't work, but you can use something chunkier and more of a statement than you'll get with real diamonds (unless you're selling your house to buy the necklace). I love amethysts, but I'd still rather see clear crystals on the purple fabric than purple stones.
You don't need to shlep the dress with you when you shop, as it's a classic piece and will look good with whatever you buy. Do try on the necklace to see how it sits on your neck.
Love the dress, btw!
Mazel Tov!

This one gets my vote! gp2's crystal necklace is classic, and will look fabulous with the cuffs. Any sort of rhinestone or CZ bib necklace will work beautifully.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics