Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did anyone ever abuse power that they had over you?

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 3:54 am
What is your story and how did you learn to trust people in authority again? Something happened to me a few years ago that's hard for me to get over and I really need chizuk. No I wasn't s-xually or physically abused thank G-d but it's something that still hurts me until today and it makes it hard for me to trust people in position of power in my life.

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 4:28 am
I worked for a female boss. She brought me into her office and started screaming at me because when we went on a business trip, I got a lot of attention which I was oblivious to until she pointed out out. At the time I realized she was jealous and this was an inappropriate use of her power. She told me I dressed for attention. LOL both of us were wearing business suits and prissy white shirts.

I stayed away from her which was hard because she was my supervisor. I also never trusted bosses to have my interest only theirs..

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 6:35 am
My mother did. I'm learning to trust people in authority again... It's a slow process with lots of layers, but I've come a long way..

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:16 am
It's very hard to not abuse power that we have... Financial, social, even spiritual power. That's why we always have to be working on our middos. And if you see someone isn't working on their middos and doesn't submit to Hashem, you should not trust them with any power.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 1:21 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics